NO internet connection

• Hi,

I am having problems setting up my dm600 to connect to the internet via a micronet sp916gl router. The ip,subnet, gateways, port and nameserver should be fine. I tried to connect the DM directly to the adsl modem and set the DM as dhcp but the problem persisted. Do you know what could be the problem? Note that I can ping the device.

Thanks for your help.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ksapiano ()

• Ok, it was the mac address filter. Strange that the mac on the lable found on the box does not match with the physical address of the DM.

• Is it a clone even if the mac address that i found starts with 00:09:34? I read other threads on the net and they say that if the mac starts with 00:09:34 is a genuine.

• Later versions of clone boxes have mac addresses starting with 00:09:34 so it doesn't mean that your box is genuine.
    Send an email to dream multimedia with your mac address and serial to find out.

• I will definitely contact them.

By the way, is there a linux command which I can use to retreive the serial no because if it is a clone I doubt if the s/n on the package is a real one.

• I will definitely contact them.

By the way, is there a linux command which I can use to retreive the serial no because if it is a clone I doubt if the s/n on the package is a real one.

That's the point of sending a serial. If it is not in DM database, that means it's a clone.