• Hi to all,

is it possible to set the DNS address equal to the gataway address as default if DNS is empty instead of 0.0.0.0 ?
    If I set the network with DHCP all is working fine, but if I set up the network manually and I don't insert any DNS the box can't resolve any external URL and on home network is very common to have the gateway = DNS.

Thanks.

• No, that's your fault, why change the wizard then :confused_face:

If you setup network config manually you HAVE to set a DNS also to get DN resolved!

Yes you are absolutly right, but I think a little check after config saving if the DNS = 0.0.0.0 save a lot of trouble.
    I'm not saying that is a bug.....but on OE 1.6 was different.

Bye.

• In OE1.6 there is no wizard and it works fine, no hassle. In OE 2.0 the wizard just make it difficult.

I also cannot understand why it was working in all previous version and now we need to make it more complicated? I don't think it is a big challenge for you developers !!
    Please have a look and give us a easy solution for this i also call it ...big bug !!
    than
    k you
    gino

• If some users are too lazy to add a dns ip when using manual tcp/ip setup.
    ...then use DHCP instead :grinning_squinting_face:

Some people use a different sns ip as router lan ip, so it's normal how it is now.
    Because with manual setup you need to add manually a dns ip, like gateway ip and box ip and subnet mask. (very logical) :winking_face_with_tongue:

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• If some users are too lazy to add a dns ip when using manual tcp/ip setup.
    ...then use DHCP instead :grinning_squinting_face:

Some people use a different sns ip as router lan ip, so it's normal how it is now.
    Because with manual setup you need to add manually a dns ip, like gateway ip and box ip and subnet mask. (very logical) :winking_face_with_tongue:

Maybe you are right but i can assure you that the network settings was working fine before ..even manual setting no need to set any DNS or something else. It is not that people are lazy or not .. i also use manual settings and also set primary and secondary DNS ..but this is not the solution of our problem. Ther is really a bug in the network configuration and it should be fixes as soon as possible :thumbs_up:

• If you think this is a bug, then almost every PC with Windows or Linux got this bug, too. I know no device (except Dreambox <OE 2.0) that sets its DNS entries on its own when using manuall configuration.

so long
    m0rphU

• thank you
    m0rphU

well ..then i don't know how to call it ..1.6 and all previous firmware were ok ...why suddently 2.0 ist different? instead to make it more easier for the user we got lot of thread and question only because ot this so called *bug" i really hope DMM can fix it ..if not a bug then at least implement this funtion like in 1.6

I don't have any problem to set IP Address and DNS ...but what about those user theyr know how is lower and always used the easy way ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ljazzo1 ()