Satellite position ID - need to know what western ones mean for my plugin - Englisch

• Hello there,

For a plugin i am creating i wish to include a zap to channel feature, i have got the majority of it sorted but i am having some problems with codes for western satellites after i create instance of ScanSetup file.

the eastern satellites show like this (just the satellite degrees but without the . e.g. 192 instead of 19.2:

astra1 19.2east = 192
    16.0east = 160
    hotbird 13.0east = 130

However i have noticed the western ones have a different code, shown below is what i mean, i expected the western ones to be e.g. "-08" for 0.8west but it shows up as 3592 instead.

8.0west = 3520
    5.0west = 3550
    0.8west = 3592

Can somebody tell me how these codes are generated for western satellites and if indeed the eastern ones are simply the degree position without the dot? What can i do to the western ones to make them in a more readable format such as "-08" for 0.8west or will i just have to go around the western ones and work them out individually?

The code i refer to is the code within ScanSetup file, obviously the default satellite is 19.2, when i change "orbpos" to say -08 for 0.8west it just comes up as 61west instead.

Thanks

Mark

Dreambox 8000 with 1TB Western Digital Internal Hard Drive, 80cm Dish, Quad LNB, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Yamaha RX-765 Amplifier, Two Tannoy Custom F1 Speakers, Tannoy FC Custom Centre Speaker, Two Tannoy Custom FR Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer, Porty TV

• dont forget about terrestia; cable; file play cases

• Thanks martin i now get it. I don't know why it is 3600 - western position but i can see how it works now.

Cheers kidda +++

Dreambox 8000 with 1TB Western Digital Internal Hard Drive, 80cm Dish, Quad LNB, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Yamaha RX-765 Amplifier, Two Tannoy Custom F1 Speakers, Tannoy FC Custom Centre Speaker, Two Tannoy Custom FR Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer, Porty TV

• cause it is a circle. all positions are related to 0° = south. e.g. astra is now 19,2° east of this position so it is 0192 but you can strip the leading "0". if your sat is on 5° west you look to the other side so you go the circle back but because it's a circle it is also 355° east and this means 3550 in this notation.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter