Service not found on DM500

• Hello,
    I have a weird problem with my DM500...
    sometime, while watching a channel, the BER goes up and the channel go to black with Service Not found appearing on the screen.
    changing the channels on the receiver does not help sometime. It mainly happens when going to an encrypted channel. switching back to another channel on another satellite still give me the service not found. sometime everything go balck and the receiver stop responding like i have to reboot it by taking out the power.
    when i do the reboot, the channel that was giving service not found, come up for 2 seconds and then the BER goes up a agin and Service not found appears on the screen.
    any idea on why it's happening or how can i track the problem?
    Thanks,

No Guts.... No Glory...

• Hi,

You didn't say if you checked your connection and dish equipment (cable, F connectors etc.). May i suggest trying that first... A friend had a problem of reception with DM500 and, after a while, managed to solve it just by getting branded batteries for its Remote Cotrol...

In addition to, let us know also about the soft and firm environment.

Cia, mate

• Hello again,

I know it is late - even too - to post another reply. Instead, i am trying to expose problems related with Tv watching , and, eventually, encountered personally with Dreambox. By the way, these could be experienced with any Tv receiver.
    Here are the difficulties enunerated as follows (these could be part of a such checklist for receiver support) :

1 - "meine probleme" first : "Electric Interference Problems"
    i am using in general two receivers, Dreambox (main one, this is to say it is directly connected to the cable coming from the lnb ), and Golden Interstar (or, Echostar 3000, used for exclusive analogic reception in case of French channels such as TF1), that is connected with a short coaxial cable to the Dreambox F output.
    If i forget to switch off one receiver before using the other one, my harvest is either one or more of the following : screen freezing / image pixellization / "service or channel not found" prompts / reboot / display of another channel but with the same problems, etc.
    May I add i had, before, the same difficulties with just one receiver, and a noisy DISEqC positioner. which i send it back to my retailer. I was not able to keep them both on. And my Tv reception was not easy. All what i got was with a noise and bad colors.

2 - "Dish Equipment" :

- 1meter10 dish : Until now, i am suffering from the reception of certain channels through Astra at 19+ East. For instance, "Das Erst", with other programs, is not easy for me to watch it. Found of German football, to watch any event, i have to change the satellite. I forget to add there another interesting frequency from that Astra - through which i got here pixelled and black screens.

-LNB malfunction : i experienced reception problem due to bad adhering of the LNB. My dish is outside and under the direct sun rays and weather conditions. It is even accessible by any of the building co-ahabitants. Each of them has one dish or more, and some ones are supposedly curious to get a glance at, or touch, advertently or not, any dish equipment (For instance, once i didn't find all the four screws fixing the back of the dish motor).

- Dish mechanism : personnally, i axperience frequently reception problems due to the dish mechanism that its movements could conduct light bad dish adjustments with the DISEqC positioner counting, and less, with outside dish motor or dish equipment wind effects.

- dish cabling and connection : i used with an unchanged old cable problem, a not enough fixed F connector to a receiver or to the DISEqC positioner, a wrongly connected cable to my receivers, etc.

3 - i was about to forgat my dear remote control : may i say first, i use within it Duracell batteries ( would you understand dear reader this is not an advertisement". And even though, sometimes, it does not respond. This could be due to the batteries which were consumed or displaced after a some treatment by its user - would you excuse me if i pretend that, in general, not me.

i terminate of my enumerated experience with receiver and the accompanying equipments.

Apologies for such personal endurances and deep thanks for getting a glance at this post.

PS : I was about to forget a network connection problem. Ther is a possible conflict when watching a TV channel, and forgetting the running of, for instance, Dreambox Control Cent (DCC), FlashWizardn and the like. I add, also, watching problem could be a result after from the box streaming trial unsuccess...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mbensalah ()