Recording in Enigma2

• Hi there,

I've recently replaced a couple of DM7020's at work with DM800's. I'm generally really pleased with the 800's; however there's one bugbear...

The dreamboxes are installed in a dedicated media rack that connects in to a Crestron matrix that in turn feeds an analysis area with a number of screens. The dreamboxes are generally displayed through the crestron matrix, but controlled through the web interface. This was primarily down to a compatibility issue between the IR protocol used by Crestron (it couldn't control the dreamboxes); however with the 7020s it presented little issue, as the guys using the equipment simply selected the channel using the old web interface and then initiated recording.

The problem with the new interface is that they're having to pull up the web-remote to initiate the recording, and while this obviously works, it takes much longer than it did before (e.g. Television -> select channel, BoxControl -> Web Remote -> Redbutton, Web Remote -> Button 3)...

I'm quite open to creating my own web-interface to facilitate this, but I've been struggling to find even an api-style call to initiate recording (http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Enigma2:WebInterface), so I'd appreciate any handy hints...

Cheers,
    Chris

Cheers,
    Chris