problem with DVD player

• I have the following known problem with the dvd player plugin.

/DVDplayer:
    -when i play a DVD movie from my harddrive on my dm800 everything works perfect with all the skins accept HD skins. When i play a dvd without subs my dvd runs smooth and with no problems, but when i run the same dvd with dutch subs i get a delay in the subs of opprox. 0.5 seconds. this is not even the biggest problem but the video shocks/trembles (don't know what the exact word is) not all the times but everytime when subs are displayed.

Will this problem be fixed in next updates or is there another way to solve this problem......

• Hi,

another Quustion, what I've not tested at the time, the problem don't appear, when you use SD Skins ?
    and apear only when HD skins used ?

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

• i Tought that it only was with skin kerni hd but after testing, i got the same result with all HD skins, for example avalon_II installed, gave no problem, then installed zero_HD and there it was again, the same problem.

There is a conflict between HD skins and the DVD player......

Telnet to the dm and then top gave me a look at the processor, when playing no sub processor between 20 and 30%, with subs between 20 and 80% load especially when playing subs huge cpu load.....

• Ah that are more details ... I'll will check that too :smiling_face:

• Yea correct this problem occurs ONLY when HD-Skins will used !
    I watched also a high cpu load in enigma2, when DVD's played with activated Subtitles.

I guess that the ongoing switching in the framebuffer 720x576 <==> 1280x720 produce high cpu load in enigam2 ...

... so we'll hope that can be optimized for HD-Skins in future.

• Siennaroot,

Where can i send this bug to so that the developer can take a look at this problem and improve the subtitle play in HD skins or will this forum be looked at by its developer?

Thanks for your reply.....

• It will be recognized here ... be patient

Today went the release candidate of the DMM Image online and that has priority

I report the DVD-Player issues also in the dm8000-vip forum.

Did you ever tested the DVD "WALL-E" with the DVD-Player (ripped or original) ?
    If not please do it and report ...

• Siennaroot,

tried wall-E on my dm as an iso file and no problem what so ever on the dutch synchronised version (no subs, dutch spoken) my cpu load between 20 and 25%, nothing strange at all. My iso file is ripped.

ps. another strange thing, when i play HD 1080p mkv files from mediaplayer on my dm800 (without subs (not supported yet) my cpu load stays well beneath the 30%, isn't that strange in comparison with the DVD player. these files are twice as large and use more processing speeds......

Thanks for all your effort....

• I ripped the complete WALL-E DVD (german version) and I've ONLY on this DVD audio interruptions on some positions. On WinDVD or on e.g. SONY DVD-Player no Problems steamed also from NAS ... strange .. strange ..

I've some HD-MKV's with UTF8 Subtitles and they will played out, wenn you enable Subtiles in the menue, but they run too fast and are not very synchron to the Film.

• Thanx bramschats,

I've tested the DVD with DVD-Player Plugin on DM8000 (with AC3 enabled, no downmix) on DM800 (with AC3 dis-abled, with downmix) streamed from NAS.
    Speed from/to NAS is fine :smiling_face:

WinDVD on Windows PC streamed from NAS works all fine. On a RW-DISK burned with a SONY DVD Player also OK ...

• Siennaroot,

tried wall-e with audio, no problems what so ever, as far as i can hear no problem what so ever... I watched about 10 minutes!

What about my NAS:
    When i was using cifs mount on my NSLU2 with unslung 6.10 beta the image shocks/trembles, when i used NFS mount, the problem was solved, nfs mounts work a lot more stable with video streaming. Because i use my nas for more than videostreaming i have mounted an extarnal usb harddisk to my DM800 and made it visible in samba.

I have a 2,5" internal drive in my DM800 and an external usb Disk on my DM800 an for now everything works well (except for dvd's in HD skin, haha...)

• bramschats,

well that's interesting :smiling_face:

What is the difference of the dutch & german version of WALL-E DVD ? :grinning_squinting_face:

It ripped that with AnyDVD 6.5.2.2 and works well on all other Players :confused_face:

My NAS is also NFS mounted and works fine, so I've no idea to find the reason (with both SD & HD skins same issue)
    Well when WinDVD play that DVD from NAS it will use SAMBA connection on NAS.
    But NFS is much better for linux network mounts, so I see no problem with the net.

Other reason could be an other Plugin installed and have influence, so may be I've have to test that again with a fresh flashed lean aktual Image ...

• Hello,

what is the status of this problem, is this problem already solved yet?
    I'm using [Moderator] Fremdimage, verstößt gegen die Boardregeln [/Moderator] and have not yet got an update for my dvd player plugin so it can be my question is outdated!

ps. I think i got another bug: When playing some dvd's, not all, just some, i get a flickering greens screen every 2 seconds, just a flash, does someone have an idea, this problem occurs also in SD skins......

Thans for your replies....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Hi bramschats,

No change a.t.M. in case of the subtitle problem with HD skins.

Abbout your flickering greens screen it's unkown for me, how is your connection to your TV ? (DVI / HDMI), SCART ...

Do play from intern / ext. HDD, NAS server, DVD Disk Device ... ?

On which type of DVD's this will occur ?

• I have my DM mounted to an external HDD on USB and have it with some dvd files, can't really discribe what kind of dvd files, the outgoing port is hdmi/dvi or scart no difference....,

Do you have any idea when the update for the dvd player will be online?

• Do you have any idea when the update for the dvd player will be online?

sorry no idea ... still waiting for.

• Siennaroot,

another strange thing.

I've downloaded Bedtime Stories DVD rip and these things i found strange:
    -when exiting dvd movie my DM hangs (spinning wheels) and i have to reset my DM, i have never had this with any DVD before.
    -set up subs to dutch and played the DVD, and guess what, with HD skin everything goes smooth..........

I don't know what to think of this.

Do you have any idea?????

• Hi bramschats,

no idea, never had this effekt ... looks strange, I meam about spinning wheels.

Did you play from HDD or NAS ?

Did you rip the full DVD's and shinked it ?
    Did you skip some Sondtracks or Subs ?

• Siennaroot,

-On my NAS i had the same effect as on my USB HDD
    -The dvd is a video_TS format, no ISO file
    -I have configured the subs in the menu,

Maybe it's the movie, i have never had this issue before.

What about the subs, do they use another way to display the subs in the DVD or something.....