flashing by webif - timeout (stop DHCP) - cannot flash?

• the only way i have been able to flash my dm800 is by serial cable which takes 1 hour to do an image in flash.

when i hold down the power button on the dm800, plug power in, wait for stop message, it gives me an ip

normally 192.168.2.6, i put this ip in my browser, i have tried IE 7, FF3, chrome, i can get to the upgrade firmware link, which works

i browse to the NFI file, and it sets about uploading my flash image, on [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] i get CRC check skipped (or no webpage displayed)

and from this point there looks like there is no activity

i get a message bottom left hand corner of the browser, transfering data to 192.168.2.6, bottom right has green progress bar at about half way, and it never goes any further and then sometimes gives no page

so i try and ping the ip of the box while the upload is happening, and all 4 ping requests time out

so to me it looks like this is what the problem is, hence why i cannot flash via browser

but i do not know why, as when i am running an already flashed image via serial cable, i can upload gb's apon gb's of data through ftp and i can also have a stable connection through the ethernet port

my router is a belkin N1 F5D8631-4

i have also set the dreambox to a manual ip as described on your site http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm800/setup_eng.php and still have the same problem...

i cannot flash by webinterface, and only serial cable

is this a faulty box?

please help?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()