common problems

• First of all, ensure you have the newest revision. If you're using Makefile-openembedded, a "make image" will automatically update.

If you are still using install-12.sh, you have to update your monotone database. If you don't know how, just download http://schwerkraft.elitedvb.ne…lain;cvsroot=opendreambox and start from scratch.

• Q: "ERROR 404: Not Found." on treke.net
      A: This is not the real problem. Treke.net is only a cache for CVS checkouts. if they aren't found on that server, they are checked out from CVS. If it fails after that, look at the errors under that 404. They are the real error.

• Q: "port 544: Connection refused"
      A: Please install ssh. A cvs checkout tries to use rsh but should use ssh.

• Q: " Anonymous access over SSH is replaced by the (more efficient) pserver." on savannah.gnu.org checkouts
      A: You probably have an old checkout in sources/cvs/. Better remove the whole directory, a lot of cvsroots changed. Remove them and bitbake will use the new, correct, CVSROOT.

• Q: "monotone.vanille.de: connection refused" (same for the ewi server)
      A: Urgs, the monotone server crashed again. Try using the other mirror (either monotone.vanille.de or ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl with "monotone pull <servername> org.openembedded.dreambox" (in packages/)

• Q: My image contains old versions.
      A: It contains the versions which are specified in the .bb file. If you want a newer version of a specific package, edit the corresponding .bb file, and change the CVSDATE. Note, however, that sometimes a newer package version require additional DEPEND or something. If it doesn't compile, you have to fix that for yourself, or wait until we committed a (working) update. Normally, simply changing the version number and doing a "bitbake dreambox-image" (don't forget to "source env.source" !) should produce a new image.

• Q: The versions on dreamville are newer!
      A: Sometimes, TheDOC uses just different version numbers.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tmbinc ()

• I am using different versions, since my automatic script has to use tomorrow's cvs date to work properly.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TheDOC ()

• tmbinc - the tmb Makefile-opendreambox fails if there is a monotone version >0.24

maybe the version detection can be fixed? i did it hardcore for now

regards
    mws

• monotone often changes the net protocol and/or on disk protocol. Allowing any version would surely raise the number of people with problems, and nobody from us can forecast which monotone versions are compatible.

So i intentionally restricted this to a know working version, thanks.

(Yes, i agree that 0.25 might be compatible as well. so the check should chek for 0.24 or 0.25, but definitely not 0.26)