3G modems on Dreambox?

• Hello :winking_face:
    I have 2 models of 3G USB modems (Huawei e220 and Alcatel OT-x020) and just for fun i tried to connect it to my dm800. For first i have compile kernel with next options:
    CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=m
    CONFIG_USB_SERIAL=m
    CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC=y

Then install image and plug modem in USB port. Both models was detected like SCSI disk :winking_face: Google told me about usb_modeswitchso i compile and install this prog to my dreambox, hoping that the problem is solved...But the joy was not long... usb_modeswitch successfully switch VID&PID from SCSI disc to Modem, usb_serial detect this modem but not create devices /dev/ttyUSB0...2 or /dev/tts/usb/0..2. When i make cat /proc/bus/usb/devices i see :
    Driver=(none) instead Driver=(serial) :confused_face: :confused_face: :confused_face:
    I shall be very glad if someone from developers can help me solve this problem. :thumbs_up:

dmesg from my i386 machinne after usb_modeswitch:

dmesg from dreambox after usb_modeswitch:

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von enigma® ()

• There's probably no udev running on the dreambox, so you'll need to create the device nodes by yourself.
    Just guessing.

• There's probably no udev running on the dreambox, so you'll need to create the device nodes by yourself.
    Just guessing.

Dont think so :frowning_face: Already tried mknode without success :frowning_face: Problem somewhere in usb_serial or hotplug....

• I'm with ******3.9,
    and having a very similar problem, it detects my modem but it doesn’t create the device.
    I also need USB modem support, on my DB800 but i guess there are few of us with this kind of connections and teams don't want to support USB modems.
    Anyway, i think you are a bit further into this matter that i'm. I haven't tried to compile anything for the DM800, nut i want to, maybe you could help me, setting up a development environment or pointing a tutorial on this subject.
    AFAIK we need a dialer to create the connection, i don't have a dialer on my image, do you have a dialer?

Chapas