HD 8000 does it 1: have capability for Dvd Writer, 2: record in Mpeg 2/4 as standard, 3: Will the DVBS 2 tuners supplied allow you to view standard DVB s for Non Hd broadcasts?

• Have tried without success to verify what the Uk distributor is telling me....
    Namely
    1: DVD Writer can be added later? is this true, or purely a DVD Reader ? ( slimline version)

2: Out of the box, this unit will record in mpeg (2 or 4?) as alternative to "raw data stream"?

3: It comes with two DVB S2 tuners. Does this mean these two tuners will also let you watch standard Digital DVB S channels. ( ie: non HD channels=FTA)
    ( Understand you can add extra 2 DVB S tuners later if required)

Thanks for your patience, but new to Dream and keen to join the club!

• 1-Yes, it is true, you can add any writer including blueray
    2-depends on service viewed
    3-yes, you can watch SD and/or HD services

• thank you for very quick response.even more interested in this reciever!

However just so i fully understand your response, bearing in mind i am a relatively new to sat broadcasts:

2-depends on service viewed
    So if
    A: non HD service FTA can you record in Mpeg 2?
    B: non HD service encrpyted but with correct viewing card can you record in Mpeg 2
    C: If Hd transmission encrpyted assume it will record in mpeg 4?

3-yes, you can watch SD and/or HD services
    Assume this means that "out of the box" the two installed DVB S2 tuners will also decode standard DVB S transmissions, assuming FTA etc?

• Many thanks, the dealer telling me that it will record in Mpeg, frankly i did not believe.
    Thanks for the confirmation, its a pain, but understand.