new hardware release

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why should there be one? What's wrong with the current one?

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Dear Olove,

I have a DM 7000 and I have the intention to buy a DM 800.
    My friend has bought a 800 some months ago and he still have problems with it :
    1) after shutdown he can not boot, he must plug and unplug power cable several times in order to restart the db.
    2) It is impossible to tune the dish, the signal is very low on his 800. I had to go to him with my DM 7000 to tune his dish. On my 7000 the signal was good. Once tuned, we put the 800 (in place of the 7000) and then he was able to watch tv. The signal is still very low on his 800.

This is why I asked the question.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von stone_db ()

• Its a good question, but maybe its just a Software problem or tuneup needed.

Lets wait a see, i have the same problems with my DM800 but i trust DreamMultimedia to fix this one way or the other.

Regards

• Zitat

the signal is very low on his 800

The Percentage bar from the Signal-Strength is just bugged (software problem!), but the signal info in dB is correct (compare it with your other box)!

It's pretty much identical with other dreamboxes, just the percentage bar is incorrect ... a known software bug ...

If the box has not enough power to "tune the dish", then try to mess around with the disceq plugin. You can use more "power" for long cables, or adjust other disceq settings to make sure the dish gets tuned correctly

Zitat

after shutdown he can not boot, he must plug and unplug power cable several times in order to restart the db.

Tell him to unplug and plugin again in less then a second then the box will always boot! If he waits a few seconds it sometimes can happen that the box will not boot. But if you remove the cable for several minutes or less then a second it will always work.

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Yes, I guess that the problem comes from the tuner which returns a bad value for the signal strenght because otherwise you can't watch the tv with 20% of SNR ! Otherwise I am not so sure that it's a software problem.

I am a dreamer, I have a 7000 since years, I am verry happy with it, I just want to move on. upgrade to HD.

So I am sure I will buy a 800, but I more and more conviced to wait the new release.

So again : when ?