Error compiling 7025 image

• Hello, I just try to compile an image for 7025 dreambox but i still have this errors since i start to try :frowning_face:

Someone can help me??
    Regards

• Zitat

Originally posted by pellix
    Can you post this, please?

tail build/tmp/work/dreambox-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.*

The folder dreambox-image-1.0-r0 does not exsit...

• No, nothing with dreambox-image*
    ...I'm using kanotix, may be there are some problems with this distro??
    Although I can compile an image for 7020 without problems...
    Regards

• Zitat

Originally posted by wolpi
    Its exact the same poblem I have building it on a x64 architecture ....

how did you resolve it?

• Hi,

Now finally I have to set BUILD_ARCH = "i686" as well. Enigma2.....

Code
    gcc -c   -I/home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/include -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -I/home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/include   -I. -I. -I/home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-initial-3.4.4-r3/gcc-3.4.4/gcc -I/home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-initial-3.4.4-r3/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/. -I/home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-initial-3.4.4-r3/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/../include  /home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-initial-3.4.4-r3/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/rtl.c -o rtl.o
    In file included from /home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-initial-3.4.4-r3/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/rtl.c:27:
    /home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-initial-3.4.4-r3/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/real.h:69: error: size of array `test_real_width' is negative
    make[1]: *** [rtl.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/db7020/tuxbox-bb/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-initial-3.4.4-r3/gcc-3.4.4/build.i686-linux.powerpc-linux/gcc'
    make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
    FATAL: oe_runmake failed

Anybody seen this before? Any ideas?
    That is on a debian sarge box
    Maybe someone can help.
    Cheers

MCS

• To set set BUILD_ARCH = "i686" is just to cure the symptoms, not kill the cause ... The real cause for the error is that there are wrong include paths taken when building enigma (compiling the python source). The main include ( ... pyhton/include) points to the i686 or x64 directory, not the mipsel one, as it should.
    I've tried to run through the make files to find a solution, but had no luck yet. So I ended up to fake the path to the python include directory to point to the right one (the one under mipsel), and everything worked out well. But, that's still not a solution ....
    I lookt at the python website and they said that it is very difficult to cross compile .... I have to agree to that.
    I must admit, I'm not fit in python, nor good in cross-compiling, so I hope at some time sombody might have the the skills and the time and the will to look into the problem :smiling_face:

Don't worry, be happy

Wolpi

• Hi wolpi,
    Thank you for that. I found your previous post on the issue and I was wondering about setting the i686 flag before since I do NOT have a 32 bit userspace, thus why should I have to use the flag?
    Can you elaborate a bit more on how you have "fixed" the problem with python?
    Cheers
    MCS

• If you look int o the configure file, you will find somthing like this:

(if you have compiled with the 'i686' option, you'll get the 'i686' instead of the ...x86_64...)
    To my opinion, the last two paths are wrong.
    To get the system running, I have faked the include path to point to

Zitat

/home/wolpi/src/dreambox/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/include/python2.4

But you have to do that only for compiling enigma.

That's how it worked for me, but I'm not an expert ....

Good luck! =)

Wolpi