DM500 - United States

• Zitat

Originally posted by FeRgY
    Yes

thank you

i was getting mixed information... what is US cable using DVB-C Via QAM 64? Or how will it work?

• Zitat

Your a great help to me so far.. Next would a DM500C FTA work? Is it just the programming that is different which can be flashed or there is a hardware difference between the DM500C and DM500C FTA?

• On this kinda answer will nobody, except Me idiot answer, but ok.... so far...
    No, sure that I cannot talk here about decoding systems and what will open or not any channel due to BOARD RULES!
    I was tell You that it will open channels, but ( somehow :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: ) don't wanna talk about anything else.
    Perform Your question on other way and maybe will someone answer how....
    Sorry and regards. =)

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design

• Zitat

On this kinda answer will nobody, except Me idiot answer, but ok.... so far...
    No, sure that I cannot talk here about decoding systems and what will open or not any channel due to BOARD RULES!
    I was tell You that it will open channels, but ( somehow :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: ) don't wanna talk about anything else.
    Perform Your question on other way and maybe will someone answer how....
    Sorry and regards. =)

Sorry!

Lets restate this question. What are the differences in hardware of the DM500C and a DMC500C FTA. Will a DM500C FTA properly plug in to US cable coaxial cable?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von soto3330 ()

• No any diff's about thrue C an FTA-C, that's sh** and They who was tell that is an idiot or that was market trick.
    C model is C model, and no exceptions! No submodels... :winking_face:
    C ( cable ) tuner in 500 WILL properly plugin to US coax cable as I know ( well, maybe will You must to change connector, but I assume that too ) . Maybe some of admin's or developers will give You better answer, but I assume as They don't do that by now, think that I am right in answer.
    Regards

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design

• Zitat

No any diff's about thrue C an FTA-C, that's sh** and They who was tell that is an idiot or that was market trick.
    C model is C model, and no exceptions! No submodels... :winking_face:
    C ( cable ) tuner in 500 WILL properly plugin to US coax cable as I know ( well, maybe will You must to change connector, but I assume that too ) . Maybe some of admin's or developers will give You better answer, but I assume as They don't do that by now, think that I am right in answer.
    Regards

Thank you so much! Many thanks for the information..

When i get the box if everything goes as plan then major prop's to you since there is no information about there using the box with state side cable tv.

• Zitat

What provider is in game? Dishnet?

Not using sat. (Dishnet). I am using Cable TV, Comcast.

I know in the DIAG of my MOTO DCT700/US box it shows the following:

Modulation Mode: QAM 64
    Tuner: ALPS TDER1

So the plan is to go with nit** as it says it covers ALPS and then hopfully i will have no problems picking up the channels from the transponder.

• Well, yes, with Nit** You will not have any problem with that, but I assume that without "tuning" image will be able to do anything.
    You must to tune database for freq's and other stuff... :face_with_tongue:
    Nit** is an old based os, so maybe better take a look on some other image.... :face_with_rolling_eyes:

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design

• Zitat

Well, yes, with Nit** You will not have any problem with that, but I assume that without "tuning" image will be able to do anything.
    You must to tune database for freq's and other stuff... :face_with_tongue:
    Nit** is an old based os, so maybe better take a look on some other image.... :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Tuning? are you talking about doing an AUTO scan or do you mean something else by tuning?

• Zitat

sorry i am still doing research and i see that US cable providers use OpenCable not DVB-C. Are you sure that it is going to work?

• MCTV (Antigua, Barbados) on dm500-c is working as well, as They use comsat as provider, that's for 100% but I don't know for others ( cannot test as I am in Europe, maybe someone else can give better answer atm )

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design