Recording gets pixelated with DM500T

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DB500T
    Firmware: official 1.08 / PLi Diamond

I have mounted a Windows XP share over LAN (10 megs) to /hdd/ and record to /hdd/movies. The mount is with CIFS and options rw.nolock, r.size and w.size are 8192.

I currently get heavy pixelation a couple of times per minute. I have, however, succeeded to record some programmes without any pixelation at all. The mount may have changed in between, but I'm not sure about that.

Is there any definite truth about whether the DB500 should be capable of recording without pixelation? If yes, what is the recommended way of mounting? Official recommendation between CIFS and NFS? Other ways of troubleshooting?

Regards,

.brum

• Zitat

Originally posted by dcdead
    Officially it isn't capable of recording without errors due to the drivers

Thank you for the answer. Is this something that is unrepairable, e.g. in forthcoming images? Or is Dream Multimedia's policy that it shouldn't even be attempted to fix?

Regards,

.brum

• It's actually a thing, which ibm should fixed AFAIK

• Zitat

Originally posted by dcdead
    It's actually a thing, which ibm should fixed AFAIK

Could you be a bit more specific? What driver is the culprit, how does it affect recording and why is this not a problem in other models?

I really appreciate these details, thank you!

.brum

• Zitat

Originally posted by floh
    here and here are two topics from the old Board about this Problem.

Thanks. As far as I understood, however, the first one wasn't about the same problem. I do get the full recordings on disk with good quality picture, they just get pixelated seemingly randomly.

As for the second thread, unfortunately my German isn't that good.

Regards,

.brum