dm7025 missed kernel modules 040608

• In OE downloaded in latest days for DM7025:

127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

• Hello,

what exactly have you tried to do ?
    most of the modules should be included now in latest dm7025 kernel so there should be no need to install them :winking_face:

greetz

acid-burn

Zitat

Original von lupomeo
    In OE downloaded in latest days for DM7025:

-- Burn Baby Burn --

• Hello acid, if you try to download and compile from 0 the latest OE for 7025 you will have these errors at rootfs build.

I think that kernel modules that are not currently required because they are now included in the kernel are still searched and required in rootfs build.

So if you are compiling image form an old OE the compilation will be ok because the od kernel modules packages are found. But if you try to compile form a new and fresh OE the build of rootfs will fail because kernel modules are not found (also if they are not needed now).

Sorry for my english.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lupomeo ()

• Kernel config has been updated to include thoose parts but dm7025.conf still wants to install them as modules.

Easy solution is just to edit the openembedded/conf/machine/dm7025.conf and remove the modules that now are included into the kernel.

/WeeGull

• There are many solutions as i told (for ppl that know howto fix in personal use). Another simply way for newwbies is to simply copy the packages in the deploy ipk directory.

but the better solution i think is that this problem wil be fixed in OE distro.
    :grinning_squinting_face:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von lupomeo ()

• I will try to explain better what have to be fixed.
    That modules are currently searched because the file openembedded/conf/machine/dm7025.conf is not updated.

Those modules are currently needed to build the image as you can see in the dm7025.conf of the latest OE:

Code
    BOOTSTRAP_EXTRA_RDEPENDS = "kernel dreambox-dvb-modules kernel-module-stv0299 \
    	kernel-module-cdrom	kernel-module-cifs	kernel-module-exportfs \
    	kernel-module-ide-cd	kernel-module-isofs	kernel-module-ohci-hcd \
    	kernel-module-reiserfs 	kernel-module-scsi-mod	kernel-module-sd-mod \
    	kernel-module-sg	kernel-module-sr-mod	kernel-module-usb-storage \
    	kernel-module-usbcore	kernel-module-usbhid	kernel-module-usbmon \
    	kernel-module-xfs kernel-module-autofs4 kernel-module-msdos kernel-module-vfat \
    	kernel-module-fat	gst-plugin-dvbmediasink gst-plugin-fluendo-mpegdemux "

So this file need to be updated and unrequired kernel-modules need to be removed.
    Hope that i was clear in my poor english.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lupomeo ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by Acid-Burn
    dm7025.conf is updated now :winking_face:

Many thanks Acid Burn

Bacicciosat :winking_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by Acid-Burn
    dm7025.conf is updated now :winking_face:

Just to let you know that seems thare are issues with the new kernel conf.
    As for example the latest OE compilation of tun.ko module will produce a non working module. Using the older compiled tun.ko Openvpn works fine.
    But the current module tun.ko compiled in the latest DM7025 OE doesn't work and cause segmentation fault and dreambox blocks.

This problem is present only in DM7025 machine config.
    All is working fine in DM800 config.