solution needed

• Hello,

Please let me introduce myself.

I am a network analyst with a university here in Canada.

Dreambox is new to me, I have used other FTA IRD's.

We currently have a facility where we can host satellite receivers/dishes and have the capability to remotely feed video to a studio 1/2 KM away.

We currently have a fiber optic transceiver which can supply video, audio and a rs232 feed. We also have network connectivity between the facilities.

We have a 1.2m dish and diseq 1.2 compatible motor.

Now with my questions;

I need to be able to remote control the IRD from our satellite station (where the dreambox would be) to the studio.

Would I be able to do this either via RS232 or the RJ45 port? Is there a web interface or SSH terminal I would be able to log into to issue channel, tp, satellite change commands?

The bottom line here, is there any way OTHER than the IR remote control to control the IRD?

Any assistance would be beneficial. We would buy at least two receivers if the above is possible.

Thanks,

garm

• enter the IP adress of a dreambox in a browser, there should be a remote control within the dreambox's WebIF, you can start/stop it, zap the channels, enter timers for recording, stream the TV output via LAN,...

The webif of the dreamboxes is different dependig if you buy a box with enigma1 or enigma2, but the basic functionalities as outlined above are the same.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Ok.. thats a start.

It would be great if I could run a crontab script on the box to have it change channels at specific times during the date... Anyone know if this is possible with the CLI?

Thanks

• Would something like this do?

wget -O /dev/null 'http://dream/cgi-bin/zapTo?path=1:0:1:21:3:f:0:0:0:0:&curBouquet=1&curChannel=5'

• Very nice... If we can do that then we are good to go.

Side question; Are these receivers restricted to DVB or will they do analog video from C/KU as well?

Thanks

• DVB=DigitalVideoBroadcasting

Hence no analog channels on your dreambox, there are no such tuners, and no A/D converters in the box - it is a plain DVB receiver - but some support Sat/Cable/Terrestrial DVB Tuners, the 7025 even mixed