DM 800 networking question!

• I notice the proposed new 800 model has 2 usb ports, would it be possible to use one of them with a wireless network usb device instead of using the hard wired network port as that is the way I currently connect my pc to my wireless hub.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von b0b0 ()

• There were some drives for the 7000 and 7020 to do this. However this has been discontinued. It is far more easy to obtain a wireless accespoint with one end wired (RJ45) and the othe obvious wireless. This then functions as a network bridge.

GVW

• WLAN Plugin is in e2 CVS, and teh mipsel drivers of the 7025 should work also with teh CPUof the 800, so at least tehre is hope that it will work - but not with all WLAN chips, so the same restrictions as for the 7025 should apply

• Thanks both, I will check these things out, I hope that I can go the wireless route (once I get my 800) but if not I will have to fall back on hard wired I suppose, but as my hub is in a different room to my tv setup this will mean running another cable. :face_with_rolling_eyes: