TuxVisionR improved for DM5620, DM600pvr ..

• For better streaming from DM5620, DM600pvr, DM500 and other boxes with Enigma1 image .

Hi Friends,

TuxvisionR is a development from the original Tuxvision to be used with enigma1 images. It was published in 2006 and proved to be a popular Windows tool for watching and recording Dreambox tv using lan.

The new version TuxVision_2.01 has been developed with a dm600pvr but should also be useful for other boxes with enigma1 images.

This version has more audio/video bitrate range (means works with more channels). Also possible now to select a channel and view the epg and to check the dreambox connection status.

Right-click on the video for full-screen view menu.
    Instructions :-

(1) Install program TRex from here :-

h**p://www.dbox2.info/download.php?viewpage=2&catid=5&subcat=

(2) Next unzip and save the attached folder TuxvisionR_2.01 in, for example, c:\

(3) On pc at start>run>cmd write :

cd (path to folder TuxvisionR_2.01)

regsvr32.exe DBOXIISource.ax

(a 'succeeded' message should appear)

(4) With pc connected to db with lan, go to the folder and start program tuxvisionR.exe. Select 'Preview' to watch the channel currently running on tv. Or select another channel.

Note:-

With Vista the filter (.ax) install requires admin previlege.

Only channels in bouquets can be selected.

If you have installed an earlier Tuxvision or TuxvisionR, first uninstall the filter DBOXIISource.ax. For this, please give this command first (after cd to folder with the earlier DBOXIISource.ax) :

regsvr32.exe /u DBOXIISource.ax

(a 'succeeded' message should appear)

To see bouquets and epg, remove HTTP Authentification requirement from the expert setup list.

Please report any problems.

Regards, pcd.

• hi ,

when using original tuxvision DBOXIISource.ax i get perfect streaming
    of CD on 0.8W and mtv2 on astra for example .
    lots of other channels though i have problems with , that your version fixes . however channels that did work previously do not work with your
    version of DBOXIISource.ax , i get lots of stattering .

• dmm7000

CD telenor , all channels from this provider have stattering sound .
    with original DBOXIISource.ax it works perfect , but on the other
    hand your version works perfect on everything else i tried where
    the original one doesnt work that good .
    i have to register DBOXIISource.ax back and forward when switching
    from telenor and rest :smiling_face:
    thank you for this update , hopefully telenor audio can be fixed .

• It is very difficult to include all possible ratios of audio/video bitrates. I was considering allowing different ranges (A, B etc) of this ratio in the same capture filter (.ax). But the program got very complicated - so I did not complete this. Perhaps in future I will give different names to the filter, so you will not have to install/uninstall.

Regards, pcd.

• yes , audio bitrate on telenor is slightly higher - 260kBit/s .
    comparing to other channels most of it is just under 200 and there
    are no problems .
    it is just funny that old DBOXIISource.ax works the other way around ,
    good on high bitrate , bad on low .
    i would be happy with a dropdown menu to choose captureA,B filter , that would be great if it is difficult to include all in one .

• Dear pcd,

Thanks a lot for a new version of this cool app and instructions also, but the only one question remain without an answer to me. How TREX can be installed on Vista? TuxVision don't want to work without it ;\

• Dear pcd,

Thanks a lot for a new version of this cool app and instructions also, but the only one question remain without an answer to me. How TREX can be installed on Vista? TuxVision don't want to work without it ;\

It may install with Admin Previlege.