Perfect Vision Multiswitch

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type:db500s
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2):
    Firmware version:

I have two questions; one about how to hook up the Perfect Vision PVMS5X8A powered multiswitch to the cables and one question on how to set up the Dreambox to switch the multiswitch.

I have very long cable runs and therefore have lower signal strength on the PPV channels. I bought a powered multiswitch by Perfect vision that has 5 inputs and 8 outputs. The multiswitch inputs are marked 18v, 13v, 18v 22khz and 13v 22khz. I use two different sat dishes. One is pointed at Dish110 and the other at BEV91. Each dish has a dual LNB so there are two cables running from each dish. I am connecting the two Dish110 cables to 18v and 13v respectively. The two Bev91 cables are connected to 18v 22khz and 13v 22 khz respectively. I am only using one output as I only have one receiver.
    Does anyone know if the Dreambox can use this multiswitch? Is this cabling arrangement correct?

Now, on the Dreambox setup, Satellite configuration; since I am not using a diseqc switch how do I setup the top selection? Do I choose "2 satellites with toneburst" or "2 satellites via 22khz"?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hello,
    the F-Connectors at the Multiswitch have the following meanings:

LOW / V
    low Frequencyband, vertikal Polarisation
    0 kHz / 14 V
    --------------
    LOW / H
    low Frequencyband, horizontal Polarisation
    0 kHz / 18 V
    --------------
    HIGH / V
    high Frequencyband, vertikal Polarisation
    22kHz / 14 V
    --------------
    HIGH / H
    high Frequencyband, horizontal Polarisation
    22kHz / 18 V
    --------------

Normally, this ist for a quaruple LNB for one Satellite, not for two or more Sats.

The 14V can also be 13 V at some reasons.

So you need, for two Satellites, a multiswitch with 8/9 inputs an 8 outputs.

The 5th or 9th input ist for an arial antenna (radio, arial TV)

some more about this:
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

Theo Tintenfisch

DM7020s 350 Gbyte
    DM7025ss 400 GByte

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Theo Tintenfisch ()

• Theo
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain to me. I followed the llink you left and read part 1 and part 2.

I understand that these switches are traditionally used for multiple lnbs on a single dish but I still believe the concept can apply to two dishes each with a dual lnb. I am using universal dual lnbs on each dish so I have two cables running from each dish. I think the dreambox will use one side of the lnb to control the vertical and the other side to control the horizontal.

I am leaning towards configuring the dreambox for 2 satellites using 22khz switching. I have two satellites Dish110 and Bev91. Dish110 is dish #1 and the 22khz is off (therefore low frequency) and the Bev91 is dish #2 and the 22 khz is on.

I willl try this configuration and let you know. I am confused why I would need a multiswitch with 8 or 10 inputs when I only have 4 cables in total for the inputs from the two dual lnbs.

Thanks again.......Ron Jackson

• Hello Penguin1,

the problem with your switch ist, that ist will use only the named Output-Values.
    Wenn the F-Connector ist named "Low/H" oder "0 kHz / 14 V" than you will get only this kind of signal out of this switch-port.
    When you connect a Universal LNB to this port, it will use only one of its four possabilities.

Muliswitches are not for Universal-LNBs. When you want to connect several dishes, you have to use a different kind of switch with one exit to the receiver and several universal-LNB-ports as input.

Or a switch with four entrances per satellit.

A switch named 17x8 will have 17 inputs (16 for satellites, one for a terrestrial antenna) and 8 outputs for 8 diffent receivers.
    The Sat-inputs are for four satellites with four LNB per satellite.

Theo Tintenfisch

DM7020s 350 Gbyte
    DM7025ss 400 GByte

• Theo
    What a great explanation! I guess I wasted my money with the Perfect Vision switch. I had been using disqc switches and they worked great but I thought I would try a powered switch to boost the signal. I already have line amplifiers on the cables to help out but they don't boost the signal enough. Thanks again...Ron