DM7025S Problems

• I've had the 7025 box for 10 months and still can't get it working correctly. I thought upgrading to the Gemini 2.1 image would help but it didn't. Now I can't get any movement from the positioner. Its like there is no power coming from the DB. Does anyone have a menu for setting up the positioner or the tuners in particular?

• Zitat

I've had the 7025 box for 10 months and still can't get it working correctly. I thought upgrading to the [Moderator] Fremdimage, verstoesst gegen die Boardregeln [/Moderator] 2.1 image would help but it didn't. Now I can't get any movement from the positioner. Its like there is no power coming from the DB. Does anyone have a menu for setting up the positioner or the tuners in particular?

Maybe this will help:
    I've set up another Disecq1.2 rotor over the weekend on a 7025 with a DVB-S and a DVB-C tuner. It seems that the DVB-S tuner is only powered when you try to watch a DVB-S channel immediately before entering the positioner menu. If I'm watching a DVB-C channel and then go into the positioner menu, the rotor cannot move. (Hint: Here the AGC displays Zero)

If you are using a satfinder device to help you set up the rotor, this can also cause problems. My rotor would not accept disecq commands when the satfinder was between the rotor and the 7025. It's OK to have the satfinder between the LNB and the rotor.

Rotor setups can be a bit complicated, if you require more help it would be useful to describe your setup and the satellites you want to receive as detailed as possible.

• Thanks for the response. I have a SG1000 rotor and am trying to get 110W and 119W. So far no luck. Another problem with the 2.1 image I can't set the correct time and date. Beginning to regret buying the 7025.

• OK, seems that you are in the US.

No wonder you run into problems, as most of the knowlegde in here is based on European reception and there's not much free-to-air TV on these positions so I bet not many people would want to use a 7025 on these satellites.

You didn't mention your setup, so here's what I'd do if I were you and had a 60cm dish + single LNB connected and the SG1000 rotor not properly aligned.

I'd chose a channel of one of those satellites and look up a channel on "http://www.lyngsat.com/119west.html" or "http://www.lyngsat.com/110west.html" that will clearly work in my location.

With the dish mounted to the rotor I'd bypass the rotor for the initial setup and connect the satellite LNB directly to the LNB. I'd then tell the 7025 I'd have a single satellite setup and try to get that channel. (Moving the dish with the satfinder on until I get it)

With this working and a working channel in my channel list, now I'd change to motor setup. Chances are that the rotor now moves the dish away from this position, so memorizing where the dish pointed is useful.

The correct time problem might go away as soon as you get the channels working. The 7025 takes the time from the first channel it tunes to on bootup and there are ways of forcing the box to a channel with correct timing.

If you need more help, I'd need specific information on your setup. If you got skype, it's probably easiest, if you send me a personal message with your Skype ID + plus afternoon times you might be home.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von almoss ()

• Almoss thanks for your response. Yes, I am in the US. Right now I have the box flashed with Gemini 2.0 image. It was suggested that I use Gemini 1.8 or 1.9 as 2.0 and 2.1 have lots of problems. I don't know what other image will work in No. America. I have a SG1000 rotor, a 90cm. torridal dish with a Invacom (L & C) LNB. Using DreanboxEdit to ftp a 110W & 119W service list I cannot find anything when doing a Sat locator-No Services Found. I used a signal strength meter to position the dish but that didn't help. The tune doesn't lock-on. I'm at a loss as to what to try next.