compile public projects as dm7025 plugins

• hello i have successfuly made a custom image in my desktop linux
    dreambox-image-dm7025-20070129105535.nfi

now i need to take public projects like Mplayer,Openvpn etc

and make them ipk so i can include them in my image with bitbake i guess

can someone give me a clue how to do it ?

thank you

# DM7025 - DVB-S/T - 300GB WD #

• a) You don't really have to include them in the image. Just make the ipks and install them on the machine (ipkg install). No need to re-install the entire operating system... And you can de-install them also, if needed (ipkg remove)
    b) The same environment you used to make the image can also be used to create a huge number of extra packages. See package descriptions in your "openembedded/packages" catalog. Build a package (from your build directory!) using "bitbake <package>". Your compiled packages will be stored in the "tmp/deploy/ipk" directory.

• pretty cool :smiling_face: thanks my problem was that i thought i had to install bitbake in my linux, never looked in bb folder :thinking_face:

everything is ok now thank you very much

i think i have a problem

[root@master dreambox]# bitbake openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn_2.0.2.bb
    NOTE: Using cache in '/root/dreambox/tmp/cache'
    ERROR: no files to build.
    NOTE: Parsing finished. 0 cached, 0 parsed, 0 skipped, 0 masked.
    ERROR: Nothing provides dependency openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn_2.0.2.bb
    [root@master dreambox]#

[root@master dreambox]# bitbake -D openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn_2.0.2.bb
    DEBUG: CONF reading /root/dreambox/openembedded/conf/bitbake.conf
    DEBUG: CONF including /root/dreambox/openembedded/conf/documentation.conf
    DEBUG: CONF including /root/dreambox/openembedded/conf/sanity.conf
    DEBUG: collecting .bb files
    NOTE: Using cache in '/root/dreambox/tmp/cache'
    ERROR: no files to build.
    NOTE: Parsing finished. 0 cached, 0 parsed, 0 skipped, 0 masked. DEBUG: parsing complete

ERROR: Nothing provides dependency openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn_2.0.2.bb
    [root@master dreambox]#

what i do wrong?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von demonas ()

• cd root/dreambox/build (root brrrr i hope you do not not compile as root?!?)
    . env.source
    bitbake ../openembedded/packages/openvpn/openvpn_2.0.2.bb

(paths out of mind so there could be an mistake :))

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SadButTrue ()

• thank you very much, it worked !:)

now i have new problem :smiling_face:

kernel-module-tun is missing

any ideas ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von demonas ()

• A quick-and-very-very-dirty method is to just edit the kernel config file (in build/tmp/work/linux-dm7025-2.6.12.6-r6/linux-2.6.12.6/.config), set the options you want, and then re-run the most recent build script (in ../temp/run.do_compile.xxxx).

A slightly cleaner method (but still pretty dirty) is to edit the kernel config file, and delete some stamps in tmp/stamps/linux-dm7025-2.6.6-r6.do_xxx. Leave the fetch/patch stamps alone, otherwise the changes you made will be overwritten. Then do a new build of dreambox-image. Your changes will stay around until the kernel is next changed by DMM...

• great everything worked :smiling_face:

tun.ko created but doesnt want to insmod tun

it says device inuse?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von demonas ()