cannot connect to dreambox from mac or pc

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DM500
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): don't know how to find that out
    Firmware version: don't know how to find that out

software version is 2.8.0, 28.03.2006

your question
    The Dreambox works perfectly via the TV. I've set up the dreambox networking using DHCP (also tried without and get same results), set the IP address to 192.168.x.xx (all our macs and PCs have dedicated IP addresses, so I needed to give the dreambox one too), the nameserver and gateway - what should they be set to? I currently have them both the same as my router. I can't access the dreambox from any of our macs or PCs, I can't ping the dreambox's ip address either - something's up - can anyone help? Our router is a Linksys.

I'm using firewalls on all mac and PCs too, is there anything I need to do on them? Although I did try accessing the dreambox with them turned off, and got no further.

thanks in advance.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von macOSX ()

• If u use DHCP u usually shouldn't set the IP etc manually as that's what DHCP is supposed to do for u. If not, the gateway IP is usually that of ur router, and it could be also ur best choice of DNS at this stage. As long as ur dealing with IP addresses the dns doesn't really matter.

If u've set the gateway address manually and not pointing at ur gateway it could cause your dm500 to be sending its responses to the wrong place, ie no response on ur mac or pc. BTW mac or pc doesn't matter as far as IP goes.

If u are able to telnet or get a terminal session with ur dm, try pinging from it to an active IP address on ur network to see if that works.

Also, in the config of most consumer routers/hubs there might be a ping tool, and the router should also be able to give u information on the IP address given to ur dm500 by DHCP.

good luck

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von asv89guni ()

• solved! It was a router problem - all ports work fine on the wired linksys router except when the dreambox was plugged into them, then the port died! When I plugged the dreambox into my wireless router, it worked fine! (As soon as I plugged another device into the wired router's dead port, it worked again, so it only died when the creambox was plugged in!!) WEIRD!