Bildstörungen

• It seems to work fine Olove, thnx.
    Though "the manual" will probably have to include what I noticed on a well-known onther image 1.80: (sorry MODS)
    after a reboot, the picture is B/W and fuzzy.
    After switching to NTSC (color and sharp) and back to PAL, it's fine.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von router ()

• So if I understand correctly, after a reboot the result is always gone and a new application of the fix is needed ?

But after a fix, the screen is B/W and a switch / reboot is needed to "fix" that.

Which leaves me with the questions:
    - what good is the fix then ?
    - isn't there a way to save the value ?
    - when will the fix be implemented in a new image / update package ?

EDIT: You are right, the flicker is back :smiling_face_with_horns:
    Any sight on a release date for a permanent fix ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von router ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look at the "install.sh", it does several things:

Zitat

1. cp write32 /usr/bin/
    2. cp flickerfix /etc/init.d/
    3. chmod a+x /usr/bin/write32
    4. chmod a+x /etc/init.d/flickerfix
    5. ln-s /etc/init.d/flickerfix /etc/rcS.d/S50flickerfix
    6. /etc/init.d/flickerfix

1. copys the tool to a path where all user bins are and which is in the PATH
    2. copys the little script which initiates the "fix" to the init.d, where scripts which are there for being startet at boot time are placed
    3.,4. make both files executable
    5. creates a symbolic link in "rcS.d" for the script. This is needed to make sure that the script is started at boot time
    6. "starts" the fix (to avoid a reboot after installation)

So when you install it this way, the fix should be executed at every reboot which works quite fine here.

Now let's have a look at the script "flickerfix":

Zitat

/usr/bin/write32 18001444 0x00780096

The write32-tool is started and at the register 18001444 (color burst) two values are set. The first is 0078, the second is 0096.
    The first one is the standard value which doesn't help us here.
    The second one is the specific "wheel" I am turning in hope of fixing the flicker.
    Standard is 012a (hex), which is 298 decimal.
    Now you can mess around. Simply feed the "write32 tool" with different values for the second switch which are lower than the 012a.
    As I said ... FOR ME, the 0096 work (with RGB and PAL), I tried S-Video which resulted in black/white pictures as well.
    Now what you can do is play around and try to find a value which comforts you and your TV set.

This "fix" won't be in any image as it is very dirty done simply by playing around with every register and many combinations that could possibly be useful (thanks to tmbinc).

As I also said above, DMM are in contact with Panasonic and I REALLY do hope that they will provide a real solution for this annoyance.

Olove

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• Understood, thnx for the insight !
    BTW: I 've tried several values from 200-150, and at all of them, the image turns to black and white after a short (instantly @ 150) or longer time (after half an hour @ 200).
    WIll keep experimenting.

• So, hat leider doch länger gedauert, bis ich es probieren konnte:
    funktioniert super; keinerlei Probleme mehr. Weiter so und danke! :grinning_squinting_face:

Gruß,
    audioopus