dm920 2x triple tuner 2x cable operators

• Hi everyone,

I apologize if the matter has already been discussed.I scanned a cable provider on tuner A and the second one on tuner B.Operator A works ok but when zapping a program on tuner (operator) B I get the message TUNE FAIL.Am I doing something wrong or is a driver & hardware problem?

Any help will be greatly apreciated.Thnx!

• This is not a Hardware or Driver Problem, IT IS the way E2 Handles the Tuners. Currently E2 will assume that all cable Channels are available on the First tuner.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• This is not a Hardware or Driver Problem, IT IS the way E2 Handles the Tuners. Currently E2 will assume that all cable Channels are available on the First tuner.

Code
    It never crossed my mind, when I ordered the box in this configuration that E2 thinks this way .....
  • As there is only one namespace for cable it's impossible to differentiate between 2 networks.
    Also it's not even possible to assign a "network" to a specific tuner.

Don't expect a solution for this as this is a very very special configuration you have.

• As there is only one namespace for cable it's impossible to differentiate between 2 networks.
    Also it's not even possible to assign a "network" to a specific tuner.

Don't expect a solution for this as this is a very very special configuration you have.

It's exactly what I expect from the vendor,a solution.Otherwise is very unfair to sell an useless configuration despite the fact that is "very special"...

• Sorry, but nobody sold you a box which can handle two different cable providers. That's very uncommon. I'm pretty sure there is much more hardware on the market which also cannot handle it.

• Sorry, but nobody sold you a box which can handle two different cable providers. That's very uncommon. I'm pretty sure there is much more hardware on the market which also cannot handle it.

Sorry, but in this thread I asked for a solution.if you can't provide let me lick my wounds in peace.Thnx!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von woobyz ()

• Try changing Last digits of namespace in cable servicereference and you will see it still tunes the Channel. This can be Used to implement such a Feature either in Core of E2 or in a Plugin. But IT would really bei a niche solution!

Hence dhwz is Not wrong either.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• Maybe I'm also thinking too complicated Here, do you use the Triple Tuners only for cable reception, or ist SAT also involved?

• In a homogenous config IT would have been easier:frowning_face:

Can you please Post me the exact tune failed Error message?

Maybe I can do some magic, at least for Live TV :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• OK, but be patient I have to try out something first ... because what I have in mind to misuse was not created originally for this problem.

• Are you capable to produce an enigma2 log and install manually a Plugin from my feed ?

Because for checking if my idea would work we have to find out first if the error is catchable, before we can take desperate measures to do the magic.

Please install the gutemine Feed Plugin from here:

gutemine Feed Plugin

The within the gutemine Plugin select Tuner Error Plugin Version 0.10 and Install with yellow button.

After a restart of enigma2 go to tuner errro plugin and select "zapped" as handler for the no data on transponder errro you are experiencing.

Then instead of the black box you should receive a message box with the same error.

Zap around to get the error multiply and then create an enigma2 log of such a session with below command:

Code
    journalctl > /tmp/log.txt

FTP The file log.txt from /tmp to your PC and post it here.

Only if this works as expected I can maybe help you ... a bit ...

gutemine

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Space ()

• The Plugin has apt-transport-https as dependency, install this first from the Image feed.

Or use telnet/shh and the commands on the first Page of the feed plugin thread.

• EDIT: Upgrade via Feed Plugin to Tunererror Pkugin 0.11 and then try again and post a log.

Let's see if the error message is now supressed.