DM900 Ci slot not working

• I have a DM900UHD that worked well with Conax Ci module for about 4 months, then it stopped to detects the ci module :frowning_face:
    I ran Open PLi 5.0, have also tried OpenATV 6.0 & 6.1 but it does not detects the Ci module anymore :frowning_face:
    The Ci module works on the TV so there is probably no fault. Anyone who has any tips?

Regards
    Bosse

• The board rules are not allowing such questions, no matter how often you repeat them.

What is so difficult to understand here ?

And we give a damn here on the Open* Images, they have their own support boards, here we support only DreamOS based images on a dm900

• Sorry if i express myself clumsy, my english is not so good,

I have two different ci moduls one Dilog conax ci module and a ComHem Ci+,

The ci+ module is not the problem so we can forget it i hope :smiling_face:
    And of course I ran DreamOS on the box, but when the box started to not detects any of the modules I tried some other images.
    The problem is that the Ci slot not working any more :frowning_face:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Bosse

• When it is a hardware defect (because you swapped modules too often and a PIN fell out or was twisted) then you will have to open a ticket with DP and ask for a repair.

If Hardware is OK a bootlog should know more ...

• The Ci modules works on the TV and all of the pins are intact in the box, i havent swapped the modules too often maybe 7-8 times in 4 months :smiling_face:

I'm afraid that the ci slot has broken :frowning_face: , i have to open a ticket with DMM and ask for a repair.

I'll try to fix a bootlog maybe perhaps something is seen there :smiling_face:

Regards

Bosse

• The Module slot is directly wired to the CPU, it is not breaking alone, in the sense that then the whole CPU board would need to be swapped.

Do the bootlog, then you will see if the ci device is detected. but journalctl command is your first friend, miniUSB cable is next.