Twin Silicon Tuner - (4.8) Sirus lock under searching for services

• I think you just have some invalid transponder in you satellites.xml
    That explains why the Blindscan is always working.

How could this be the case if single tuners have no problem scanning the satellites.xml info? The problem is identical (single compared to twin) whatever satellites.xml used. And the worst thing, the scan result is not even the same for each scan.

I've already discussed that in the past with Ghost (related to the long waiting times on blindscan), but DMM can't do anything there
    as it needs an updated tuner firmware.

And don't compare it to the BCM tuners which are working completely different

Is'nt this tuner promotet and sold through Dream Multimedia GMbH?! https://www.dream-multimedia-t…r-klein-kuehl-und-sparsam

You cannot just say "hey, look at this fantastic twin tuner, buy it, an it will be be totally compatible with our Dreambox'es!". And afterwards say to the unlucky buyers who find it does not work correctly, that this is nothing we can do about. If thats the case, they should remove the website linked above and instead make the website tell people to avoid this twin tuner, because there is a firmware issue with it. An IF this is a firmware issue (which is just claimed and not official published), it should be announced by DM. And there should be told where the buyers can get this fixed, or how they can get their money back.

As long as you have a way to do a complete successful scan (blind scan), you have an options to do a software workaround. This is what we want DM to consider. I asume there is no problem checking which tuners is installed and let the software decide if a blindscan or automatic scan should be used. It's just an example. And if that is too much to ask for, just tell the user throug software how stupid he was that buyed this peace of crap.

We just want the truth of what is wrong here, and if its serious, DM has to take action about it.

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• The problem is identical (single compared to twin)

No it's not the same I've tried to explain it to you, but seems you don't understand it. :winking_face:
    And again don't compare BCM (Single or Twin) with Silicon Labs.

If you want an official answer from DMM open a ticket.
    You know this is an user for user board and you won't get official statements on this board, except maybe from some developer of DMM.

• No it's not the same I've tried to explain it to you, but seems you don't understand it.

I do know that scanning with both tuners (single or twin) gives me different channels found with the exact same satellites.xml used. In a kind of way I demand that it should give me the same results. And when scanning sometimes give me full list of services , and second time scan 28 services, and the next 0 services. Then it becomes very anoying, really.

I have just made my first ticket! :thumbs_up:

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -