journal logging tunning

• Hi,

It looks I have run in to some journal logging limits while debugging switched on in dreamplex. Whenever I try to open my library while debugging on TV sreen and LCD get's black and remote control stops respond. I can still see the dreamplex GUI, the box is on the network, enigma2 status is active (running) but the journal get's no update from enigma2 anymore. See the journal output below. When I do telnet reboot it takes like two minutes before the box boots again.

Is there any possibility to tune the journalctl somehow so it is able to keepup with the dreamplex debuggung?

thanks

PiGeon

DM920
    Unstable image - always uptodate

• I already reported that with lots of enigma2 output messages it is quite easy to get enigma2 stuck completely (which I experienced also during XMLTV for epg.db debugging).

There are some parameters which allow you to tune the journal daemon but it is easier to start enigma2 in telnet where this limitation is not existing.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• I know, just forgot to mention. While running the Enigma in console there is no journal logging involved and you can see what is going on.

Code
    systemctl stop enigma2; sleep 10; enigma2

I understand that if there is a workaround the issue has low priority, but maybe just small tweak of the journalctl config could make it work.

thanks

PiGeon

DM920
    Unstable image - always uptodate

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von PiGeon ()

• There are other parameters too but you have to read the man page ....

But enigma2 is not designed that it's output is unavailable, that's why it gets stuck.

At the end I had to re-write the damned code in XMLTV Plugin which produced thousands of error messages in such a short time (doing a dummy recording to find out if a channel is defined/existing on a box is idiotic anyway, but the whole plugin is programmed shi* with 30 something try:/except: it is even worser then the code I normally produce - which is a challenge, really)