Posts by PiGeon

Hi guys,

It's been few months I have started to solve the situation where since 1st of July Plex stopped to provide EPG for Czech TV channels .

Because I am not a developer and I don't understand python I have put together few PowerShell scripts which run on my Plex Server windows machine and pull the EPG from my dreambox.

And that's where I realized that there are holes in the EPG data on various channels.

It didn't occur to me before, because one never goes through the whole list of EPG events if all the events have the extended description.

For example on the Film Europe channel where it is worst, I can see the times and event tittles for 7days in to the future, but the extended description only for 4 days.

On other channels I could see blank descriptions in the middle of the list.

I have tried various things even the reset of epg.db, but the EPG never downloaded fully, there were always some blank places.

I have tried to configure the EPGrefresh plugin, from the time-based duration (120 seconds) to the automatic and then back and enhanced the time 400 seconds to overcome the issue, but it doesn't seem to help. In the journal log It looks like it stops the caching of events after much less than the 400 seconds e.g. around 100 seconds and then waits 60 minutes.

How can I troubleshoot it?

I remember in the past I was able to save the stream and extract the text stream from it, but I can't find how I did it, if it isn't just a made up story in my brain :)

Does anybody have an advice for me?

thanks

PiGeon

My bad, I should have mentioned that I thought so mainly, because then they could work on the translation in parallel, without doing a double work. ;)

PiGeon

Hi Belp,
    thanks for trying to help.
    But I will leave the way I power it on, the way it has been since I bought it.
    Because with the TV model I have, powering on the TV with dreambox works just a while.
    Always only until the TV is in standby for a longer time, then the TV ends up in a state where it ignores any CEC commands.
    This happens in 100% cases over night.

I have just changed it little bit more to make it working better when changing the HDMI inputs on TV.
    When I now change the HDMI source from HDMI1 (DM7080) to HDMI3 (NUC) the dreambox goes to standby and vice versa.
    Attached are the screenshots with the options how I currently have it.

regards

PiGeon

Yesterday I spent half of the day playing with the settings again, but without any influence on the issue.
    In the end I came to the idea disconnect the TV from power supply and guess what?
    it helped...
    it looks like the TV cached something and disturbed the CEC communication somehow.

PiGeon

Hi there ;)
    I have configured the box for my father in law at our place.
    There was no issue with searching of the DVB-T/T2 channels even by running the search subsequently.
    Today he went back to his place and when he tries the automatic search he gets immediately an error "search failed" or something similar.
    However some of the DVB-T2 channels we found here at my place work also at his place, it looks like some of the multiplexes share the same frequency.

Anyone any idea what could be wrong?

happy new year!

PiGeon

Hi,

I have been using the TV to switch on my dreambox since ever, because my TV (Samsung LE46A950) never wanted to be switched on by dreambox.
    This worked quite reliable until a recent update of my DM7080.

Now whenever I switch the TV on, the dreambox starts too, but after few seconds the dreambox switches off again.
    When I then switch the dreambox on too soon after that it switches on and few seconds later off again.
    When I power on the dreambox again it stays on.

I have tried to tune the CEC settings, but no success.
    See my current settings screenshot and the log in the attached files.

thanks for any hint

PiGeon

Today I have tried a different USB DVD drive.
    DVD video discs play OK, but I couldn't find any way how to play CD audio discs.

It however looks like the system sees the disc and all its 12 tracks like the previous device.
    Any hint how to play the disc?

thanks

PiGeon

Hi Ghost,
    ich bin zurueck nach einem Jahr, weil es letzte tage passiert wirklich oft.

kannst du bitte nochmals ueberlegen ob da trotzdem was getan woerden koente.
    Ich habe kein schanz es bei HBO beantragen so ihr seit wirklich die einzigen die damit was machen koennen.

danke

PiGeon

Das ist wohl kaum vergleichbar und deckt auch nicht das ab was alpha/Sven H hier fordern.

Ich wollte mich nicht einmischen aber wenn du fragst ;)

Ich denke es wurde besser wenn anstatt 2017-01-02 wurde da etwass mit bessere aussage, ich kann mir nicht vorstellen dass ich schon so lange keinen update gemacht hatte.
    Ich habe meine Windows 10 damals als version 1511 instaliert und nach paar jahren bin ich auf 1709.

its 150 reads today :)
    I would guess nobody of them is using it, neither am I

But maybe the "please" word makes its magic ;)

have a nice weekend

PiGeon

Zombi hat mir geholfen es zu verstehen und ich habe der plugin fuer Zombis FulHDR3 skin geskinnt.
    Ihr koennt das code unten ins /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml reinkopieren.

enjoy it [Blocked Image: http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/eng_images/hotblue/smilies/wink.gif]

PiGeon

Ich verstehe diese konzervative radikalismus or radikale konzervatismus wirklich nicht.
    Warum seit ihr so stark gegen jeder neue idee kappiere ich wirklich nicht.
    Es ist doch egal woher it kommt ob aus irgend kopf or aus open world oder ...

Die frage lautet doch wie es zussamen besser machen.
    Und wenn es jeder anders will, kann es als eine wahl geben und DP sagt was der default ist.
    Ich habe kein angst dass da wird so vieles zum waehlen dass es nicht zum ertragen wird.

So wie du es ja scheinbar auch für unnötig hältst, das es in der deutschen Sprache auch Grossbuchstaben gibt.

ich hab gedacht grosse buchstaben sind nur fuer nonnatives wichtig, damit die koenen der unterschied zwischen satz elementen gleich sehen, das ist aber, denke ich, nicht dein fall :D