kernel-module-cdfs instalation fehlgeschlagen

• Danke fuer ein fix

PiGeon

DM920
    Unstable image - always uptodate

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von PiGeon ()

• Ich bin eher unsicher ob du ein aktuelles Image verwendest .... wir haben längst eine höhere kernel Version ...

• Ich bin eher unsicher ob du ein aktuelles Image verwendest .... wir haben längst eine höhere kernel Version ...

Ich bin nicht sicher wie es mit updaten funzt, ich meine ich mache updates fast immer, so es muss aktuell sein. Sieh mahl unten da is meine version. Ich vermute da is doch was schief mit der kernel module package dependence gelaufen.

PiGeon

Code
    root@dm7080:~# journalctl -b | grep "version" 
    May 02 10:47:33 dm7080 kernel[156]: [ 0.000000] Linux version 3.4-3.5-dm7080 (dm7080@opendreambox.org) (gcc version 4.8.1 (GCC) ) #18 SMP Sun Mar 15 12:44:20 UTC 2015

DM920

• Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install kernel-module-isofs
    apt-get -f -y install

DMM doesn't even have cdfs on their feed ...

http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/…perimental/r0/dm7080/deb/

And the one you seem to have on your feed is built for an old kernel - and hence apt is not installing it as it can't meet the dependency (which is exactly what the error message says)- and it would not load to the kernel you have anyway.

• That's how I understood the error exactly, but didn't expect the kernel modules could come from anyone else than DM. That's why I reported it here and asked DM for fix :winking_face:

I have the isofs module installed and up-to-date.

Code
    kernel-module-isofs/unknown,now 3.4-r0.62 mipsel [installed,automatic]

If isofs should take care of mounting the CD file system then I probably have a different issue which keeps me from playing the Audio CD from the USB DVD drive, but never mind.

Maybe I can use this as a good reasoning for being finally able to talk my wife into using the grabbed FLACs :smiling_face:

thanks a lot for the prompt answers

PiGeon

DM920

• Linux Filesystems and the needed kernel modules come from the linux distribution (OpenEmbedded in our case) and are compiled from it's sources, they have nothing to do with the closed source drivers for the Broadcom hardware that DMM ships.