[gelöst] CrossEPG fürs OE2.2

• I'm sorry but thus post is pure nonsense - I have > 100MB big EPG database with 30 days which is PEANUTS for a box with 2GB Mainmemory - I still have almost 1GB free memory after starting enigma2 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So the only sweat is on the competitors or the so called great and innovative Open Source developers who are still enjpoying EPG stuffed into a >10 year old binary file solution.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• I'm sorry but thus post is pure nonsense - I have > 100MB big EPG database with 30 days which is PEANUTS for a box with 2GB Mainmemory - I still have almost 1GB free memory after starting enigma2 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So the only sweat is on the competitors or the so called great and innovative Open Source developers who are still enjpoying EPG stuffed into a >10 year old binary file solution.

It's not a problem of space, but speed, if you didn't get it :). I guess you already tested an EPG (one week) for 4 provider...does the dm7080-820 still boot in 10 seconds ? Don't think so.
    Btw don't see any sweatting developer, but people that try to get the best result out of a dreambox and you are very welcome.

• You are just extending nonsense - do you actually OWN such a box ???

The DreamOS Boxes boots in 20 something seconds (NOT 10), and the size of the EPG db is harldy increasing this boot time as it is a pure load of epg.db to lemory (it increases maximum around 10 seconds more depending on size of DB if it is really BIG - which is still faster than most other boxes in the markert with this amount of EPG data - besides the usually crashes you get when you run out of Memory there or when epg.dat got corrupted or incorrectl written because of a crash).

The only thing which is currently relativly slow when the EPG db is BIG is the shutdown, as writing >100MB takes about an extra 20 seconds, BUT then the epg.db ist consistent and crash proof. With a normal epg.db size it takes less time to write it out as the typical spin up of the hardddisk of the old approach often needs to write /hdd/epg.dat.

Repeating bad arguments will not make them better, you know ?

And you are fully aware that this is a NEW feature which still gets some finetuning by the DMM developers as this and other threads are showing.

bschaar

Ja biitte und danke!

• Yes I own all dreambox models.
    What you said is what I was trying to point out.
    Keep up the good work.
    Best Regards
    PS
    wouldn't be better to write on new empty epg.db ? may be it's faster :winking_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Satrunner ()

• EPGdbBackup Plugin also allows to re-build an empty epg.db :grinning_squinting_face:

I just don't like to hear half truth ...

• Gutemine hat die XMTLV EPGimporter auf die letztem stand gebracht und kann in das Forum gedownload werden. Danke Gutemine für die update und gebrauche diese Version noch immer.

DM.One AIO, DM920, DM7080 archiviert DM8000 aus Dezember 2008 und eine DM600.

• Sorry to add to a closed topic but I wanted to share one piece of information regarding CrossEPG on a DM7080. I have recently migrated from a DM8000 to a DM7080 and have noticed that all the satellite channels which had a namespace of 011A0000 on my DM8000 now have a namespace of 011C0000 on my DM7080. No idea why. Something to do with a different design of in-built DVB-S/S2 tuner in the two boxes?

Anyway, by changing the namespace in the /usr/crossepg/providers/skyuk_astra2_28.2.conf file as follows:

the DM7080 now tunes correctly to the "EPG Background Audio." radio channel when CrossEPG is activated. I can then download EPG data manually:

wavelet

• Zitat

I have recently migrated from a DM8000 to a DM7080 and have noticed that all the satellite channels which had a namespace of 011A0000 on my DM8000 now have a namespace of 011C0000 on my DM7080. No idea why.

OK, having just reading the thread on OpenEPG, I see that this change has occurred because the satellites.xml file supplied with a DM7080 defines the Astra2 satellites as being at position 28.4E rather than 28.2E.

• you simply should not have a satellites.xml defined 28.2 and a SAT config with 28.4 or vice versa - either it is consistent OR my OpenEPG will not accept it.

It always ONLY shows the possibility as read from the settings - if this is wrong it is NOT the plugins fault.

STOP using pre-built channel settings without matching satellites.xml AND a matching SAT config in the settings.

I will NOT do the same nonsense then in CrossEPG where you can mix this and then wonder why loading doesn't work.