Multiboot on 7025???

• I am trying to make multiboot work on 7025....installed under blue panel, and when I launch Multiboot from Plugins, whatever option I choose nothing happens....I get Executed followed by Finished but nothing is done!!!
    I have a CF and Harddisk installed....can someone help please?

• If I take the time to write 18 pages of documentation (readme.txt) then you should take the time to READ it.

After installing you should go in the menu to install options and choose enable CF card for multiboot.

Until you do this the other commands CANN'T work.

And just to prevent questions like what command do I enter next:

User latest kit 4.11 with nfi support to have an easier life !

The description below will not work with earlier MB kits:

After the enable you copy the Images that you want to move via FTP to /MB_Images, maybe rename them with the FTP programm to short names like d.nfi g.nfi, v.nfi,...

Then you choose im MB menu copy with N as source, the partition 1,2,3 where you want the image to go as target and d,g,v... as sourcename. Then MB will copy the Image to the specified partition.

Do this for all 3 partitions and then choose boot in the menu with 1 or 2 or 3.

Then you choose reboot in restart options and you should boot the wanted image - have fun with multiboot !

PS: If you have rebootet in the meantime the kit at /var/tmp is gone, so copy again and unpack as the last time, and THEN do the enable.

reagards
    thowi

PPS: You should ask this question in another board where you have dreams, which is the 'home' of multiboot and there you can get also the latest MB kit. It has nothing to do here in the OE developers section.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• thanks thowi....don't be angry with me.....believe me I read readme file for version 3 to 4.1 and still had the same result....But thanks for your reply here. Kind regards.

• you are welcome, and I hope you now got the glue - no enable, no multiboot.

Installed means just that the files were loaded on the dreambox, not that it is prepared for multiboot !

MAYBE I'll include in the next Release on the first screen next to the install option (guess what they do - yes, enable and disable) a remark in brackets (enable 1x before usage) like I did it for the cronmanager plugin, to prevent people loading so many versions without finding out how it works !

ciao
    thowi

• For the first time I saw something happening....mb's were created....but the funny thing was when I went into the plugins to look for Multiboot, it was gone....rebooted again the dreambox and nothing still.....I will check today again, casuse my wife did not let me proceed cause she was watching TV :D....will keep you posted.

• You can always get back the multiboot menu in a (newly flashed) Image when you do this (standas also in readme.txt - fsecond page !)
    in a telnet session:

cd /media/cf
    multiboot.sh plugin

This will restart enigma and then Multiboot menu entry should be back
    at the games/plugin menu !

The actual plugin resides after the enable on the CF card, the images just has a link to this (so that you use the same multiboot from any image), and the above command re-creates this link

Have fun multibooting & start reading the readme.txt !

ciao
    thowi

PS: AGAIN, you should not report multiboot problems here in the DM board, there is a full multiboot thread in another board answering more or less any possible (dumb) question you might have (well it is partly in German, but important stuff is always translated)

• Managed to install multiboot 4.2 and works great.....installed the three images (3 alike for now), tested them and work great....Thanks thowi

Now I managed to use [Moderator] Fremdimage, verstößt gegen die Boardregeln [/Moderator] image and change it to dv.tar.bz2 and put it under /media/cf/MB_Images.....here I got stuck, how to install this new image.

When I run multiboot.sh 3 X dv (dv being my image) I always end up having the image I started with.

P.S. Am reading the Readme file, but am not sure what to do next and am afraid to mess up everything.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nomobeha ()

• Multiboot MB_*tar.bz2 images are created by yourself if you copy one of your images to the /MB_Images location.

You cann't simply rename a *.nfi image they are onyl for flashing and I decided for the moment not to support to create nfi images, only tar.bz2 images which can be just packed and unpacked with multiboot.

so you can make a copy X 3 xyz

This will copy your third MB Imagepartition to an MB Image File named MB_xyz.tar.bz2 tar.bzw at the /MB_Images directory

You can unpackt this image for exampel at partition 2 with

copy 2 X xyz

You can directly copy an nfi image to parition 1 for example with:

copy 2 N nfinamewithoutnfi

copy X 2 xyz mynfiname will NOT work intentionally !

The nfi image has to be move with FTP to /MB_Images for above, Version 5.0 of Multibioot contains a simple image download feature where you can get CSV Images from boxman, SadButTrue or Dreamville
    directly to the Dreambox without using PC for download and FTP.

All this is documented in the readme.txt more then extensively.

Have fun
    thowi

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• Installed it....more features ...great!!

Will try it....thanks

You said that "Version 5.0 of Multibioot contains a simple image download feature where you can get CSV Images from boxman, SadButTrue or Dreamville"

Do I have to set some parameters to get connected to one of the above?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nomobeha ()

• No, it is still in teststadium.

OoZooN is hosting the Imagelistfile
    at www.oozoon.de which is hardcoded, so if your box is
    connected to internet for ipkg updates, downloading plugins,...
    then it should be also able to use this new feature.

There is a config file where you could switch to another Multiboot Image Downloadcenter, but because we just stated testing if this would be a usefull feature this is the only one available for the moment.

Simply choose image download and download one (or in mutliple steps all) of the images to your harddisk for direct copying with multiboot to MB Partitions - or even to flash if not bootet from flash).

With download Updated image List you could get an up-to date list,
    which for example contains also the latest boxman.

That's all you can test on this feature at the moment.

Bye
    thowi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• At the moment my receiver is booting from partition2. Now, if i remove CF so that I will install a new image, switch on receiver holding the downbutton to enter a new image via network. When I install the new image, turn off receiver ....Now comes my question.....
    If i insert compact flash and switch on receiver, will it boot again from partition 2 or what? Do I have to install multiboot on the newly installed image? I would probably have lost multiboot settings...Thanks in advance

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nomobeha ()

• I removed CF and flashed another Image (dv) ... launched via telnet - /media/cf/multiboot.sh plugin
    Rebooted receiver and on this new image the multiboot plugin was not available anywhere...
    To go back I have to telnet multiboot boot 2 to flash from partition 2 again....From this partition (2), went into multiboot plugin and copied Flash (0) where my new image was residing, and copieded it onto partition 3...rebooted but I still had the old partition available...What am I doing wrong?

Do I have to unlock image to copy first?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nomobeha ()