Fix for factory reset (981) remote

• Hello everybody,

After fiddling with reprogramming my DM600 remote to control the volume of my tv, I decided I wanted to use the default settings after all. On a forum I read that programming code 981 (SETUP - 9-8-1) returns the remote back to factory settings. The forum did not say my remote would also loose the Dreambox control.. :pouting_face:

Does anybody has a fix to reprogram the Dreambox controls? To clarify, I can program the TV button on the remote to work with my TV, but the Dream button has lost all its commands and I don't know / can't find what to do..

Thanks in advance,
    Jori

\edit: the remote in question is of the type URC39931RJ0-06

• I've tried that, no luck. Provided that I 'unlock' the remote with code 9-8-2, I get a response of the remote (double blink of the Dream button) for codes 0031, 0032, 0033 and 0034. None of them work though. The generic DM code 1267 does not give a response at all.

I'm afraid I've killed my remote. Dumb of me not to read into the matter first.

• I did some googling and you might have to reflash your remote's firmware via the JP1 interface after a full reset (981); I think factory reset is 980. The procedure is describe in this thread.
    In order to acquire the appropriate firmware file for your RC, you might have to search around (e.g. here) or contact DMM support.

Another option would be to send the remote to DMM for an RMA.

• Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I'm better off buying a knock-off replacement remote, rather than going trough that much trouble of acquiring a JP1 cable and reflashing it.

• It does not seem to be too hard to build a JP1 cable, see e.g. here.
    RMA is also always an option, depending where you are located.

If you decide to go for a knock-off, be careful. Because some of these replacements really suck and the IR diode deteriorates rather quickly and the writing fades easily.
    Of course there are also well-made replacements.
    If you want to control more than one device, you might want to consider buying one of the small Logitech Harmony remotes before shelling out for an original DMM remote.