DM800 Cant Network Mount

• hi

Looks like a bug on new 2.0 image u cant network mount a HDD

Trayed all the 2.0 image and with none cant (CIFS) mount.

with 1.6 image all works fine..

• Anyone

problem still there, last update didint fix that , whem can i expect this to be fixed??.

a replay would also be great, if i cant have have a replay to DMM probs here tham were should i go for DREAMBOX ISSUES???????? :kissing_face:

• Oe 2.0 is experimental - means BETA...
    Report your issues here, and the developers will look in from time to time and fix what they can.
    But this is still a customer help customer- forum. Imho developers should develop... And not waste their time reporting here in the forum...
    They have a lot things to fix in the moment, as they gave us a real experimental (despite of the last oe 1.6 experimentals where almost every version was rock stable.
    Just be patient. And if you can not wait some days/weeks for your problem to be fixed, then dom't use experimentals...

• Oe 2.0 is experimental - means BETA...
    Report your issues here, and the developers will look in from time to time and fix what they can.
    But this is still a customer help customer- forum.

Thats fine for me, but as u say this is a custumer help forum and me as a custumer should have a replay regarding a issue, not just be ignored.

A simple "whe working on that" would do it....... :kissing_face:

• How often do you think, they would have to write this sentence each day?
    It is EXPERIMENTAL and they work on it all day long (and even till 2 in the morning as you can see, if you follow the commits on http://git.opendreambox.org)

If it was a release and a bug in that release I would agree. But then this wouldn't be the right place as well, as people here in this forum are mainly customers... Then you would have to use the ticketing system as this is the official way to get support.

• I cant mount HDD of network PC on DM800 pvr. any suggestion?
    Is something wrong in Oe 2.0 that causes cifs mount to fail?

• I have the same problem and hope it will soon come a fix for this.
    Mounting Nas does not work in any of the OE 2.0 that is created.
    Works fine on DM500HD but OE 2.0 is too big for this box. Restarts often!
    So my own conclusion is that OE 1.6 still works best on both machines

but we wait and all honor to you who are doing this :grinning_squinting_face:

• Hallo Leute,

wollte mich auch mal kurz einbringen, bin sonst eher nur lesendes Mitglied und habe so die meisten Probleme lösen können.

Mir ist aufgefallen, dass das Cifs-Freigabe- Problem immer nach Neustarts auftritt, also auch nach einem Online-Update. Dabei werden auffälligerweise immer Benutzername und Passwort in die Freigaben eingetragen!
    Wenn ich bei einem Eintrag diese manuell lösche und die Verbindung danach aktiviere, gehen auf einmal alle Freigaben wieder!
    Allerdings funktioniert dieser "Trick" nicht immer zuverlässig, ca. in 60% der Versuche..
    Hoffe, konnte bei der Fehlersuche etwas beitragen,
    Einenguten Rutsch ins neue Jahr,

Linuss.

• Yes indeed it does work. Just joined to say thanks very much, problem solved :grinning_squinting_face:

Not sure about Dreambox update, so I downloaded the ipk with an easy web search, copied it over to the dm800hd using Dreambox Control Center and installed it using the File Browser plugin.