Can't Reset Password - Begging For Help

• Please help me before I suffer a coronary. Somehow my password got changed when I was ftp'ing into my 800HD. I clicked the wrong button and now I can't access my box through FTP. I've performed a factory reset but the Enigma 2 image is still on there and it still won't allow me to ftp to the box. I've tried to access through my web browser and get the Dreambox WebControl page but it wont let me reflash my image like when I first set it up. Can someone please tell me how to do it? I can't even find how to install tuxbox to follow some of the tutorials on the net for changing a forgotten password.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help.

• No my friend. When I try to connect with winscp I put in my username (root) and the password (which was dreambox) but it comes up with wrong password. This is enough to turn anyone to drugs I tell you, i'm ripping what little of my hair is left out.

• This is a bit mental. I just ftp'd a bouqet package over to the 800 using Dreamedit. How can I enter a cline using Dreamedit, is it possible?

• Oh, I am afraid, you have to flash an new image. I hope, you made a backup, which you can use now. If not, you have a lot to do. Good luck. I don´t know another way.
    Regards, Renard

• I don't mind flashing a new image, I don't know how to do it that's the problem. I have the Dreambox running with all my channels showing up. I just can't ftp into the Dreambox now with winscp to install my cline because the password has been forgotten. Does anyone have any idea how I can do it?

• If you can find a filebrowser somewhere in the menu I guess you also could edit the file /etc/passwd from there?
    Remove the password from user root. It is the second parameter on the actual line so you should end up with: "root::0:0:....".

Other solutions exist as plugins where you can remove/change password even without knowing the existing one.