newest release with device manager: problems with hdd and network sharing

• Hi,
    I've installed the latest update of e2 (I'm using [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] to be precise) and a problem is born about the new fstab written by e2.
    Well, I had modified it myself, and I thought I could try it to auto-populate it by itself to check out the new functionalities. I have an external hdd and the usb stick, sdb1 and sda1:

Zitat

/dev/sda1 media/usb auto defaults 0 0

Zitat

/dev/sdb1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

e2 modified this into:

Zitat

/dev/sda1 /media/usb auto defaults 0 0

Zitat

/dev/sdb1 /media/hdd noauto defaults 0 0

Zitat

/dev/disk/by-uuid/be61eeb4-41a5-43hf-ac30-c02d4006c3e1 /media/hdd noauto defaults 0 0

Well, hdd works as far as I checked out, BUT...1. why both noauto? What's the point, some other script/app mounts the hdd at boot? If is not at boot, when?
    Other problem: I have samba, enabled, and I put the hdd in a share to be able to use it with pcs and another box. I see, instead, that the name of the device isn't available anymore. It had/has? a DM8000 machine name but it can't be accessed anymore. The access with the direct ip works instead, so it's not a samba problem. What's changed in the network stuff that causes this?

Please, answer in english, as I can't understand German, thanks.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Well, hdd works as far as I checked out, BUT...1. why both noauto? What's the point, some other script/app mounts the hdd at boot? If is not at boot, when?

Yes, enigma2 mounts by itself now. Check out the new harddiskmanager :winking_face:

USB-Sticks and so on will be supported in future.

At least this is how it should work in original images.

so long
    m0rphU

• Your image is not supported here.

Try an original DMM image and if the problems occur again, you're welcome here to ask for help.

Ok, sorry for the violation, before asking for help I've tried to read threads and teams/images was always nominated without someone censuring them, anyway, no matter, if it's a rule I won't break it again.
    Going back to my problem, I don't think that part of code is from that team, it's quite surely code from you, with the new closed-source enigma-2 code. I've no problem with it and don't want to discuss that choice that I understand, but, for sure, now you have to give support for your own code, not them. Will check out with them if I am wrong about what "part of code" does that, even if the first line of fstab "#automatically edited by enigma2, Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:12:01" gives many hints already.
    Would like to tell only that this situation is not something I am at ease with and I've not created it myself, so imho I'm absolutely sure you should be more helpful than that, you should have considered this would happen all days after the choice you've made, because only you can support what e2 does, now, and nobody else. You took the risk I also understand: people coming here and asking for problems regarding things you don't support. But your e2 is something YOU support.
    I'll be back to you soon, anyway.

• Yes, enigma2 mounts by itself now. Check out the new harddiskmanager :winking_face:

USB-Sticks and so on will be supported in future.

At least this is how it should work in original images.

Thanks!
    Just a question, has this something to do with the standby of hdds? I'm wondering if it's required to unmount disks to send them to standby, and if now e2 does this?