Silly BUG in the new BlindScan Function on Dreambox 8000 HD rev 1.3 with C Band LNB

• I found a silly BUG in the Blind Scan function in [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] and the[Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] team said to me that this is a BUG in the Dream Multimedia driver, so I have to report this issue to you.

The Blind Scan works very well on my DM 8000 HD v.1.3 with Universal Ku band LNB, but it simply does not work with a C Band LNB since it always supposes to use a KU band interval of frequencies and there is no way to manually change the interval value to a C Band frequency, even if the C Band LNB is correclty configured and working fine for the selected satellite.

Hope somebody will correct it in the future releases ....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Hm, and its not working if you change the Start and Endfrequency in the Blindscan window?

No, I have already tried and it does NOT allow to manually change frequency intervals outside the Ku band.

• Please change the following lines in /usr/lib/engima2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py

# blindscan sat
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_start = ConfigInteger(default = 10700, limits = (10700, 12750))
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_stop = ConfigInteger(default = 12750, limits = (10700, 12750))

Just edit the limits, restart Enigma2 and then do a blindscan again.
    And tell us if the blindscan is working properly in C-Band after that change.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dhwz ()

• I did it and I put the following C Band limit in the edited /usr/lib/engima2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py :

# blindscan sat
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_start = ConfigInteger(default = 3600, limits = (3600, 4200))
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_stop = ConfigInteger(default = 4200, limits = (3600, 4200))

restarted Enigma 2 ...and ... BINGO !!! NOW the blind scan function works PERFECTLY for the C band.

The SAD thing is that now it does not work for the Ku band anymore until I edit the file again and I restart Enigma 2.

I think now the team has just to add some few code lines in order to automatically change the limits preset when a C Band LNB is used for one satellite or a Ku Band LNB is used for another satellite.

• Thanks for testing, yes the code has to be changed. :winking_face:

To be clear ...

I initially used the value 3600 for the C band lower limit, but to be correct the lower limit shoud be 3400.

I have tried again setting the correct 3400-4200 interval and everything is still perfect in the C band blind scan.

• I have found a good workaroud to the problem simply modifing the two lines in the file:

/usr/lib/engima2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py

in the following way:

the following lines ...

# blindscan sat
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_start = ConfigInteger(default = 10700, limits = (10700, 12750))
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_stop = ConfigInteger(default = 12750, limits = (10700, 12750))

have to be modified in the following way ...

# blindscan sat
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_start = ConfigInteger(default = 10700, limits = (3400, 12750))
    self.scan_sat.bs_freq_stop = ConfigInteger(default = 12750, limits = (3400, 12750))

When you perform blind scan in the Ku band there is substantially no difference. You have just to remember, if you want to select a different range, to select it within the 10700-12750 range.

To scan in the C band you can now change the limits, since the firmware now allows the modification, by inserting values within the range 3400-4200.

I still do not know what can happen if I wrongly select value outside the LNBs range.

While I am still waiting for a new firmware this workaround is working well for mixed C/Ku band users.

Paolik65