Old DB800 : No update!

• Hello :smiling_face: ,

I've first DB800 hd PVR (original). I use it 6 months at start, and I stock it :sleeping_face: (house without sat!).
    Since 1 week, I'm in new house :thumbs_up: . I connect my db800, and want to update it.
    The firmware inside is : release-dm800_20080912, with Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #62, built 2008091.
    I download the last image and the last dreamup on the official dream-multimedia.When I start Dreamup, it doesn't find my box. I try dreamup 1.3.3.2, and it's ok. I put the latest image(release-dm800-3.0.3), and the box don't start :pouting_face: (it stop with "dream multimedia" on the front, but nothing else).
    I put the old image, it's ok :angry_face: .

How can I update the image, or the second stage (to put another image from a team)?

Thank you for your help! :astonished_face:

• 3.0.3 is also old, but yes it can be found on the homepage. 3.1 is the latest, but that's also an year old and needs an online-update after installation because it has a big bug that cause freezes on zapping.

I would suggest to install the latest experimental image from DMM, can be found on www.dreamboxupdate.com.

They should work fine, have best support for plugins/skins and can be easily updated online via GUI

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Thank's, Homey... :winking_face:

I try the 3.1... Flash OK, but freeze on start : "Dream multimédia" on the box, but no image on TV. :pouting_face:
    Then, I open Dreamup 1.3.3.8 : It find my box (Log : "box type : DM800"). But on Progress, I have : "upload completed, waiting for acknowledge", and it's all! The flash buton doesn't come... :pouting_face:
    I open Dreamup 1.3.3.2, it's OK, I have the "flash" buton... :grinning_squinting_face:
    I try secondstage-dm800-84.nfi, freeze on start... :pouting_face:

Grrrrr... I don't know what should I do?...! :confused_face: :confused_face: :confused_face:

• Zitat

Then, I open Dreamup 1.3.3.8 : It find my box (Log : "box type : DM800"). But on Progress, I have : "upload completed, waiting for acknowledge", and it's all! The flash buton doesn't come... :pouting_face:

try to disable that network checkbox inside dreamup, so only flash with serial connection ...

BTW: Secondstage #84 will not work with release 3.1 image! It's only for experimental images build after 05/09/2011 like stated on www.dreamboxupdate.com! Don't try to mix things that don't support each other and read carefully what you should do with it. Also Dreamup 1.3.3.8 should only be used if ssl #84 is installed or should get installed. For Release 3.1 and older Bootloader, use old dreamup!

And like suggested, go with the latest experimental image. The Release 3.1 is a way too old. Experimental also runs stable atm!

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()