Can't flash DM800

• I have a DM800 which is causing me problems.

It is only a couple of months old. I was trying to install an internal sata Hard Drive, had connected it (as I have on other ones) and powered on machine initailly it didn't boot so I unplugged and plugged again and it did after a considerable delay eventually boot. I went to try and initialise the drive and while the machine could see it it wouldn't initialise.

I shutdown the machine hoping that a reboot would make the difference but then the machine would go no further than that. I took the hard drive back out again and noticed that the red wire wasn't secured properly into the connector of the adapter and would slide out whilst the others where perfectly secure.

The current situation I am in is that if I boot the machine it will take many minutes to boot but will eventually get to a channel unfortunately there is no picture/sound being output via the DVI connection and via scart there is no picture but sound running really slowly. The remote doesn't appear to control the box once booted as the LED never changes from information about the service it starts up on.

So I assumed software problem but am unable to reload software using any method if I try to flash via web interface on holding power button the machine goes to stop with dhcp on screen but never gets ip address even though my other box does if doing the same thing when connected to same wiring. Also the network lights on back both come on yellow and green then go off when dhcp on screen and never come back on again. I then tried flashing with serial cable/dreamup but dreamup fails to see the box when powered on and box just boots (albeit very slowly) as it does when not connected via serial. I know cable is good as other box is seen by dreamup using same wire/pc.

Lastly I tried to see what the box was doing via hyperterminal and while my working box comes up with info and am able to press s to get into setup, using exactly same cable, PC and setup all I see in hyperterminal whilst the box is booting is what looks like a capital C with a tail off the top of it and nothing else whilst it boots as slowly as usual.

I am now out of ideas so was hoping that someone may have some other options here or is an RMA my only option?