Tuner Failed!

• Hi again.

I bought my receiver on May 2010.

I frequently get "Tuner Failed!" message at all channels.

This last approximately 30 mins and SNR goes up and down (mostly N/A). Afterwards everything is OK.

I have to note that it does not have to do with weather and my normal SNR is between 9.8 and 10.8 db

Anybody else having the same problem?

Is it a receiver, LNB or drivers problem?

• It's quite likely a connection problem with your sat coax or a problem with a switch.

The message is "Tune Failed",not Tuner Failed,it means that the channel you selected didn't come in as soon as expected.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von QUMAN ()

• Thanks for your answer.

I do not have a switch and I have checked the cables.

If it was a switch or a cable then the problem should be continuous.

How do you explain that the problem appears suddenly for 30 mins while the weather is fine and becomes normal by itself?

That's why I think that it must be a driver or a receiver defect.

• In my experience most intermittant problems are connection related.But you may be right about the tuner,I am only giving suggestions,and tuner problems would be my last guess.
    Does the problem start when you change channels? Or does it come by itself when you are watching one channel? Do you watch on more than one satellite? If so does it happen on all satellites?

• Good morning my friend.

I have a fixed dish and receive only Hotbird.

In the past I had DM 500+ and there were no reception problems.

With DM 500 HD the SNR is much lower and the black out happens randomly. I have noticed that it most frequently happens when I switch on after a long period of standby.

• It does sound like you are not getting enough power to the lnb,but it also could be that the dish has moved slightly or that the lnb is failing.If you have another stb to try you could prove this.
    Enigma2 boxes have a different scale that does read lower snr and agc numbers.When I use a E2 image on my 7020,for example,it reads lower signal numbers than it does with a E1 image,but reception is the same.
    Have you tried a newer image? Some times there improvements,you could check here> http://dreamboxupdate.com/

• Hi QUMAN

In case I do not get enough power to the lnb what I can do?

Yesterday i installed the latest drivers dated Nov 7th which are supposed to include tuner improvements. Let's see.

• check this topic.
    it may be that your failure is related to DM's hardware bug.
    They routed very narrow trace from LNB controller to RF connector.
    This trace is not enough to carry maximum current (which this LNB controller is capable of).
    What's on the other end of your coax-cable (how heavy is the load?)?

• "In case I do not get enough power to the lnb what I can do?"

I have heard of some people using a inline power amplifier,these can be purchased online for cheap.
    genpix also brought up a good point,if you click on his link it explains his findings.

• I have the same problem. My DM500HD worked well during 1 year but now i can not see any chanell. I have the error "Tune failed" and the SNR is 0%.
    Can you help me?

• I have the same problem. My DM500 HD S/N A41414110016132 purchased 2 weeks ago work during 1 week but now i can not see 90% of channels. I have the error "Tune failed".