Unable to initialize eSATA hard disk for my DM500 HD

• I just bought WD 500G Hard disk eSATA I was trying many time to initialize this hard disk but every time give this message ( Unable to initialize harddisk Error: Mkfs failed ) or( Unable to initialize harddisk Error: mount failed )
    Please someone help me to solve this problem :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von zalsayegh ()

• Hi, sometimes you need more memory to initialize a big disk. So let's try to create a swap disk in your Dreambox to increase the available memory :kissing_face:

DM7080HD OE2.5 - DM7020HD OE2.0

• hi zalsayegh, do you know how to open a telnet connection to the box and create a logfile of the output?
    if so, please type in

Code
    init 5
    enigma2

and post the logfile here
    500 gb should not cause any ram problems, no need to consider swap disks

• I have connected Iomega Professional 1 TB via eSATA to Dreambox 500 HD running Enigma 2 - but when initializing Hard Drive - get error message

"Unable to initialise harddisk.

Error: Mount failed"

Please advise what should I do to get this mounted successfully. :winking_face_with_tongue:

- managed to get this working by reverting to original DM 500 HD software.

When in original software - performed mount the drive. Followed by flashing it back with Enigma 2. All works fine with the HDD now.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sinhas ()