Tuner "out" for HD!!!

• :pouting_face: Hi all,

45 msymbols / s in DVB S2, it is the new transfer rate that our canalsat provider in the Caribbean gave us for Christmas last year.
    Overwise, it is over for the DM 8000 and 800.The internationnal DVB standard for providers and manufacturers receiver a maximum value of:
    * 45 Ms / s DVB S QPSK
    * 33 Ms / s DVB S2 QPSK
    * 31 Ms / s DVB S2 8PSK.

To watch HD channels, there is an obligation to lease their receiver.
    Their argument is to save bandwidth.

We are unfortunately only 300 000 subscribers and I hope Dream-Multimedia will be the first to develop a tuner capable to get a transfer rate as high.
    For information, the receiver of this operator has been designed by Philips Pace.
    Many are customers who complain about not being able to use theirs.

In despite of these complaints that is still breaking the French and Europeen law.

Here is a link in french (sorry)
    http://www.mesopinions.com/Pri…d32bee9e841b30cb2b3b.html

• Zitat

The internationnal DVB standard for providers and manufacturers receiver a maximum value of:

..this is by no means a standard but alas the limit of old generation dvb-s2 demodulators. Even additional APSK modulation will be used in the future.

I've asked several questions regarding new frontends for the 8000 but no answer :frowning_face:

There are some STBs (e.g. Avantage) available that can cope with dvb-s2 with 45MS/s. Though the avantages are less reliable. If you're going for a PC-solution, the

TeVii S470 DVB-S2 HDTV seems to be a good choice.

• Thxx U 4 this solution (temporary)... I hope...

IMHO waiting for DMM makes no sense. I've checked the specs of the new tuners that will replace the current tuners. They have the same SR limit as the old models.

Your petition won't make it cos there are tuners readily available that can receive these streams.

Cheers