600pvr setup

• I have obtained a new 600 pvr. I have tried to set it up but it cannot detect the cable input. I can see some menus and the unit scans for transponders..... but it does not detect the cable feed. any advice would be welcome please. thanks clive :confused_face: :confused_face:

• I have obtained a new 600 pvr. I have tried to set it up but it cannot detect the cable input. I can see some menus and the unit scans for transponders..... but it does not detect the cable feed. any advice would be welcome please. thanks clive :confused_face: :confused_face:

But... wich model of 600pvr? Are you sure it has a cable tuner? There are three possibility: if "S" model it's only for sat, and if "T" model only for terrestrial. You need the "C" model, just for cable provider. If not, you can try asking your dealer to change the tuner with the one you need... :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

cu

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD

• thanks for the reply. i purchased the cable version. the actual back of the 600 is kitted out with a cable entry. the cable fits. the diagrams i have seen so far show the different tuners with different 'entry points'. it looks like a cable box. :confused_face: :confused_face:

what is firmsware and why do the boxes need to be updated? should i try this or will i cause more problems? :confused_face: :confused_face: :confused_face:

• thanks for the reply. i purchased the cable version. the actual back of the 600 is kitted out with a cable entry. the cable fits. the diagrams i have seen so far show the different tuners with different 'entry points'. it looks like a cable box. :confused_face: :confused_face:

what is firmsware and why do the boxes need to be updated? should i try this or will i cause more problems? :confused_face: :confused_face: :confused_face:

Well, not to be boring, but have you checked trhought the Info meno of the box wich kind of tuner you have? Just to be sure it is a cable one.
    DTT tuner has the same IEC connectors, but different input frequency: 51...858 MHz for cable, 49...230 VHF & 470...861UHF MHz for DTT.
    And, of course, the tuner are different for different use.
    Are you sure that the cable is working? Have you tried with another decoder?
    Firmware is the software that make the magic possible, letting you watch your favourite TV programs with your brand new box. And yes, upgrade it could be a good idea.
    It's an easy job: all that you need is a pc, a network and an Internet connection... :winking_face:
    You will find everywhere lots of howto about that.

DM 920UHD - DM Two - DM One - DM 7020HD-v2 - DM 7020HD