flashing the dreambox "Ich wünsche Dilemma gelöst"

• I need a advice. I'm hearing and I do not just most clearer situation.isit the same or better to do a flash new original nfi for dreambox dm800 using a null modem cable and dreamup or when the dreambox is flashing over only cable network over the Internet bruswer.What do you recommend, as do a better way for flash of nfi,thanks.

enigma2 goes to future

• flashing via browser should work and is recommended and the official way to flash your box. Only if its damaged and the 2nd stage loader is bad for whatever reason, then you have to use DreamUp and Serial-Cable.

The result is always the same, so use whatever you want to use ... I would suggest the browser-method :winking_face:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• @homy,why it is recomended to flash nfi via network,specialy wen flashing new original nfi whid new secon stage and drivers.im a user of dreambox ower 10 years and i remember of sirius problems wen box whas flash over flash wizard and network @dm7000(orange display)my expiriens tels me complete new story.wnen is box(enigma2) flash over network the box is erasing old nfi and then flash new one.but whid dreamup box gous to serial mode:1.erasing flash,2.uploadign nfi then box is flash whid is one memory.i think that is flasing the box whid dreamup fare more beter and secure.

enigma2 goes to future

• I don't know anything about Enigma1 and older boxes. I only know that I have flashed my both Dreamboxes (DM7025 / DM800) around 500 times via WebIf and never had any problems within the last 3 years. Never used DreamUp ...

It also uses CRC-Checks to see if the flashed image is valid after flashing, so I absolutly no idea what could go wrong there, but like already said: If you prefer DreamUp then use it! 95% of us Enigma² use the Flash-WebIf and never had problems with it. It's easier, quicker and the result is absolutly identical. It's uploading the image, doing CRC check, erasing flash and then flashing the new image. Not much different then the DreamUp method ...

Use whatever you want to use, I will continue using the Flash-WebIf like I am doing it for many years without any problems :winking_face:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.