wireless and ethernet on a dm 800 at the same time is it possible?

• Hello guys

I would like to know if there is a way to have two networks on my dreambox Ethernet and wireless?

wondering if i can manage which fuction of dreambox goes to eth0 (like ftp using a wire to be as fast as possible) and through out my wireless for watching tv to other rooms.

thnx in advance
    :frowning_face:

• dmm is (in basic) a pc with a linux os. Of course you can use two Network- Interfaces. But you have to obey the basic networking rules...

Both interfaces will have different IP- Adresses, and you will have to configure some settings for the right IP- Address (Web- Interface for example) and make sure, that the routing tables are correct.

As you normally never start ftp from the Dreambox but from the remote PC, you simply type in the IP- Adress of the wired Network to connect to this interface for FTP.

Normally it should not be neccessary to have two interfaces: Normally the Wired interface is connected to the router, that has a wireless interface as well, so that other wireless devices connect to the Dreambox via router. If you really have a wired Network that is not conencted to your wireless Network, then you need some Networking basics to get this to run well (at least different subnets).
    But regarding to your question, this is not an option for you...

Tode

• thank you so much for your time and your answer.

have you tried yourself?

how can i configure the 2 interfaces?

can you suggest me an image which is working well with wireless and ethernet or just with wireless?

thnax again

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kookakal ()

• No problems at all,I am using two laptops with DM800,one wired (now,not allways) and other wireless,with same functions,using them randomly for ftp,streaming,flashing etc...