How to build , pack & unpack enigma² infi images

• Hallow everybody I need good guidelines & sources for building
    my owned image so, if you can give support tips ,links i will be appreciated.
    I have tried all the ways that was mentioned in & i have
    succeeded for both models 600/500+ & I'm going towered enigma² 800/8000/7025 because I'm doing it slowly

I followed this steps to make it.
    1. First of all, you need a C++ cross-compiler that can compile MIPS binaries on your PC. (The DM 7025 is based on an ATi Xilleon 220 chip, which contains a MIPS processor core.)
    2. Secondly, you need to ensure that you’re working in a sane way, using a version of the source code three that matches the system where you will be testing the binaries. The Enigma 2 C++ code depends on a number of other components, including its Python parts and data files, and the libraries in the underlying Linux-system. You can’t mix and match different versions of the components willy-nilly.

in order to Install the cvs tools on my preferred platform
    witch in my case ubuntu 9.04 and to try the following:

Code
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@dreamboxupdate.com:/cvs co -P enigma2

That was for the latest snapshot. If you want to fetch a certain release version, try something like this, instead:

Code
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@dreamboxupdate.com:/cvs co -r enigma2_rel22  enigma2

The DM 7025 development toolchain is built upon the efforts of the OpenEmbedded project: Basically, you can pull all the needed source code automatically from the net and build both your cross-compile toolchain and the DM 7025 binaries – all the way to a flashable NFI image – in a single step, with a couple of simple commands.
    For a generic introduction to the topic, see this page.

I installed the OpenEmbedded toolchain for DM 7025 on a Ubuntu Dapper system

Note: You need approximately 5 GB of free HDD space for building the entire toolchain and the Enigma 2 software / Linux distribution.

• First of all, you will need to download and install Monotone. Get the latest package from their web page. (The one that is packaged for Ubuntu Dapper in the official Ubuntu package repository is too old.)
      I did the following:

wget http://monotone.ca/downloads/m…e_0.32-dapper0.1_i386.deb

Code
      sudo dpkg -i monotone_0.32-dapper0.1_i386.deb

...but this package is probably already outdated, so you will need to find a more recent one from their site.

• Install a bunch of other packages:

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev libc6-dev gcc g++ make cvs subversion perl python-psyco

• Create a project directory for the toolchain and sources:
    Code
    cd ~
    mkdir projects
    mkdir projects/dm7025
    cd projects/dm7025

While in ~/projects/dm7025, download the makefile for the OpenDreambox project (type this all on a single command line)

Code
    wget -O Makefile-opendreambox "http://schwerkraft.elitedvb.net/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/~checkout~/Makefile-opendreambox?content-type=text/plain;cvsroot=opendreambox"

• Type the following:

Code
      make -f Makefile-opendreambox image

Code: now After adding last CMD make -f I got error massage
    that says down con error opendreambox & stuck on it .

Any assistance to pressed ???

with your kindness & efforts i think i will be able to solve the trouble .

waiting

• this error is stopping the hole project

• thank you for replaying , but the actual problem is that location check this please

PHP
    Already checked out, ok.

cd openembedded; /usr/bin/mtn --db=../oe.mtn update
    /bin/sh: line 0: cd: openembedded: No such file or directory <------ this line here asking for  which directory 
    mtn: misuse: workspace required but not found
    make: *** [openembedded] Error 1
    add@add-laptop:~/projects/dm7025$

Package: monotone (0.40-7)

was installed by ubuntu 9.04 Synaptic package manager

do I have uninstall it & can you explain what is mention down it,s a bit complicated

PHP
    One notable thing is that the directory layout changed to create one subdirectory per platform and a shared directory for 
    bitbake and the sources. If you’d like to keep the old directory structure for version 1.5, to upgrade without rebuilding 
    everything, then you can set UPGRADE_FROM_MONOTONE=1 in the Makefile. But don’t forget to move away your monotone 
    repository. If you’re going to make commits to your new Git-repository, then you should definitely edit GIT_AUTHOR_NAME and
     GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL, because this information will be kept in the commit history forever. Otherwise Git will create a mail 
    adress from your local username and hostname.
  • monotone isn't used anymore! you need git now.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• Hi OoZooN,

This is a wonderful script and runs like a charm on Ubuntu 9.04. But, as far as I have seen, the script only creates a build environment for enigma1 (dm56x0, dm500 and dm7000). I like to build an image for my dm8000, so for enigma2. Do you have a similar script for dm8000?

I look forward to your response!

Regards

• it works for all dreamboxes . this is the folder structure:

mfg

OoZooN

• I wonder how did you run this script pl,z can you add how to tips for help & also
    it,s mentioned inside the script that is capable for All environments

#################################################
    # Installscript für zum automatischen Aufbau der Entwicklungsumgebung zum
    # Erstellen von Images folgender Dreamboxtypen:
    # DM500
    # DM5600/DM5620
    # DM500plus
    # DM500hd
    # DM600pvr
    # DM7000
    # DM7020
    # DM7025
    # DM800
    # DM8000
    ################################################

thanks i run it by this cm
    ./install.sh

• at this moment i still use enigma2 2.6 on oe 1.5 cause it runs rock stable ans i always got the new stuff. i start to test the new oe 1.6 a while ago but have lot's of problems with building. it seems fixed now and i build my first oe 1.6 image yesterday so i start to test now and i can't tell much about stability at this moment.

mfg

OoZooN

• Hi OoZooN,

Yes, it works. I have build my first image for the dm8000. Wonderfull. My next step was trying to build a version with MHW epg activated. No success yet. I did the following:
    - Edit enigma2.bb: EXTRA_OECONF = "--with-target=native --with-boxtype=${MACHINE} --with-webif=expert --with-epg=private --with-enigma-debug=yes --with-reiserfs=no --with-mhw-epg=yes"
    - Edit epgcache.h: #define ENABLE_MHW_EPG 1
    - after that, go to the build directory:
    >source ./env.source

>bitbake -cclean world

>bitbake dreambox-image
    The result was a new image that works quite well, but no MHW epg. Did I forget something? (BTW I use canaldigitaal!)
    I look forward to your suggestions

Regards

• Zitat

- Edit enigma2.bb: EXTRA_OECONF = "--with-target=native --with-boxtype=${MACHINE} --with-webif=expert --with-epg=private --with-enigma-debug=yes --with-reiserfs=no --with-mhw-epg=yes"

this is for enigma1. it is not nesassary to change this part of enigma2.bb.

where did you edit the epgcache.h. if you didn't change it in the source tar.gz, your chanches are blowing away with bitbake -cclean world.

you need to make a diff and change the enigma2.bb in that way that the sources will be patched before compiling.

mfg

OoZooN

• change your enigma2.bb in this way:

Code
    SRC_URI = "svn://git.opendreambox.org/enigma2${SUBDIR};module=${MODULE};date=${SRCDATE} \
                          file://enigma2.sh \
    	   file://epgcache.patch;patch=1;pnum=1 "

copy the attached file to /dm8000/openembedded/packages/enigma2/enigma2/ of your build environment and unpack it there.

bitbake -cclean enigma2

and

bitbake dreambox-image

and your MHW epg should work.

• at this moment i still use enigma2 2.6 on oe 1.5 cause it runs rock stable ans i always got the new stuff. i start to test the new oe 1.6 a while ago but have lot's of problems with building. it seems fixed now and i build my first oe 1.6 image yesterday so i start to test now and i can't tell much about stability at this moment.

Hi OoZoON did you manage it with the new oe 1.6 or not yet ? :thumbs_up: