Dead DM500????

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

DM500:
    GUI ??
    ??:

is my dm dead on arrival?

i just received my dm500c and tried to use the dreamup application with a null-modem.my problem is that when i receive the message to plug the power on my dm, the program just stands there "waiting for acknowledge" and does nothing!!!
    also, when i plugged my dm on my tv the standby light flashs very quickly (almost unditectable, as it seems always on) but on the tv is all black, no sign of anything.
    what can i do? can i fix this? do i have to send it back to germay after 3 weeks of waiting to have it here in portugal??

thanks in advance

• i tried that version and it said box alive and speaking to us (or something like that) but when i clicked the erase i got another error message saying it could not erase lockbits??
    at this moment i'm trying to connect my dm again and it seems dead again.it's the second time that this hapens with that version of dreamup, the others are still "waiting for acknowledge"

• If the message shown reads "ERROR resetting lock-bits!!", your box really seems to be defective :frowning_face:

So "return to sender" and have it exchanged/repaired.

• yes, just tried another time and the message was
    "14:02:25 ERROR resetting lock-bits!!"

:frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

thanks for your help, i'll try to contact the seller in germany where i ordered the box so i can return it.

it's just my bad luck.....as always