Issues flashing DM800

• Dear All,

I have received my brand new DM800 yesterday.
    I have immediately unpacked it and tried to flash it with an other firmware ([Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] with Barry Allen).
    I wanted to test the different firmware available ([Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]) but as far as I now Pureflash is the only one that allows multiboot.

I followed step by step the guide : Flash your DM800 - The Easy way
    For information, I have a DHCP server at home and reserved a specific IP adress for the DM800 using its MAC adress.

Everything works smoothly until I press the 'Flash' button
    When I press the Flash button, the .nfi-file doesn't seems to be uploaded.
    Furthermore the DM800 is frozen. I can't ping it anymore and power button have no effect.
    I have to unplug/plug the power supply to get the DM800 working again.

Since I don't have a RS232 cable, I m not able to flash through the serial port.

Could you give me some information/advice about this issue and how I can resolve it?

Kind Regards.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Maybe you could try (after the dreambox got its ip over dhcp) to connect the dreambox and your pc directly with a crossover lan cable. Had the same problem with one of my switches - but direct connection always worked for me.

• or have a look if your notebook ethernet adpater supports auto mdix. Just try if its able to connect with a normal patch cable.

• I have tried to connect my laptop directly to the DM800 with crossed ethernet cable.

I followed the guide and once again my DM800 has frozen.

However I have plugged a 60GB SATA hard drive, I've noticed, using the tools Dreambox Control Center, there was only 28MB available among 60MB.
    The nfi_file itself is bigger than 40MB.

I think it is the cause of the problem I have.

Is there a way to work around this by somehow enabling the HD during the flash process?

• I have found out this issue might be caused by the bootloader.

I have tried to update with the latest version (dreambox-secondstage_72-r0_dm800.ipk)

I have uploaded the package to my DM800.
    I have opened a telnet connection and executed the following commands

Through a telnet connection, I have executed the following :
    cd /
    ipkg install /tmp/dreambox-secondstage_72-r0_dm800.ipk

I had the following error message:
    ***raw flash write tool. Don't have bad sectors or it won't work.
    ***uncompressing.../proc/stb/info/model doesn't exist...abort flashing!

I have checked my DM800 and it seems to be a geniune version (mac address, security hologram, screws, etc.)