epgrefresh wishes

• -settings are not saved till e2 restart (so they are lost after a crash, I never restart e2 till it crashes)
    -some EPG services take longer than others, it would be nice to have a duration per channel
    (adding the same channel several times seems to work as a workaround at first, but after restart duplicates are removed)

• Saving only when e2 shuts down was a design decision and I don't really see a reason to change it. It's the same with e2 and why should a plugin be any better? :winking_face:

Implementing a per-service delay is a big mess on the GUI side... actually I don't know how I was supposed to do so - a new screen just for the delay is weird and putting it on the existing one is pretty unreadable.
    The Plugin tries to update only one channel of each transponder so adding a channel multiple times should not work.

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

• Zitat

Originally posted by ritzMo
    Saving only when e2 shuts down was a design decision and I don't really see a reason to change it. It's the same with e2 and why should a plugin be any better? :winking_face:

It used to be like that, but fortunately more and more settings are now saved right away.
    The setup menu for instance, saves all changes when you exit the menu.
    Timer changes are also synced immediately.

With an application like e2, which runs for weeks/months till you get a power failure (or a BSOD), settings should really be saved right away I think, we cannot expect the average user to do a clean restart after each little setting they change :winking_face:

Zitat

Implementing a per-service delay is a big mess on the GUI side... actually I don't know how I was supposed to do so - a new screen just for the delay is weird and putting it on the existing one is pretty unreadable.
    The Plugin tries to update only one channel of each transponder so adding a channel multiple times should not work.

Let me give you a bit of background, what I'm trying to achieve.
    Low bandwidth epg streams (such as freesat) can take up to 1 hour to complete.
    Most others don't need more than 1 minute.
    Having 4 or 5 different epg services configured, I would need to configure a 1 hour delay, and the receiver would be watching tv pretty much all night :winking_face:
    (Allowing to add the same channel several times might provide a workaround, but in that case we should probably avoid a 'zap' in between, to avoid epg readers to be stopped and restarted)

• I usually restart my e2 way more often so I don't run into this kind of trouble :winking_face:

I just wanted to change this behavior but unfortunately it already saves its configuration when you leave the overview without canceling (keySave -> green button afair). At least it should - if it does not I don't know how I could help you...

Regarding the custom delay: I know what you're trying to achieve but this does not help me with the mess it would create on the GUI side. What I could do for the time being is implementing it on the xml side only but I will not guarantee that the GUI won't change this settings again :winking_face:

My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

• Zitat

I just wanted to change this behavior but unfortunately it already saves its configuration when you leave the overview without canceling (keySave -> green button afair). At least it should - if it does not I don't know how I could help you...

Hm, you're right, thats weird.
    The only way is to call configfile.save(), but it shouldn't have to be that each plugin has to call that...

I think the best solution for this (general) problem would be if ConfigSubsection.save() (or even better ConfigSubsection.__del__) would call configfile.save(), but only if something actually changed.
    That way, exitting the setup menu no longer would have to explicitly call configfile.save(), so on avarage, we'd probably even reduce the total number of configfile saves.

• just to let you know - you can now specify a custom delay for each service in the xml configuration. the gui should ignore it unless you remove/add the service again (behaviour if you add a copy is undefined ;)).