Request: Subtitling problem with 'live' TV programmes

• I have a request for changing the subtitling process on ‘live’ TV programmes, when viewed on a DM7025.

When subtitles are displayed on a ‘live’ TV programme, they are difficult to read. This is because each word is displayed individually, so the flash on and off screen very quickly, sometimes displaying for only a fraction of a second – too fast to read!

When subtitles are displayed on a pre-recorded TV programme they are stable, easy to read. No problems there, all very good.

Ideally, the subtitle 'words' should be added to the screen in an accumulative way - like a tele-printer effect – so you see the sentence constructing on the TV screen.

Conventional TV sets (and other set-top boxes) use this method to subtitle ‘live’ TV programmes. It is much easier to read because the subtitles stay on the screen for longer.

I’ve had a look through the Python E2 code to see if there was anything I could patch to address this problem, but the functionality seems to be at a lower level. So I guess this is an issue for changes at the Linux firmware level. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Andrew.