DM800 Tuner Problems

• Sorry about asking this, probably this has already been tackled in German, but I don't understand it....

My setup is:

DM800 with 4 LNBs on a fixed dish (19e/16e/13e/1w).

The problem:

I can view channels ok, but when I switch between channels on a DIFFERENT satellite SNR sometimes drops to 0 dB and after a while a "cannot tune" error comes up. After 10 seconds or so, the SNR goes up and the channels is shown. Unfortunately this is not always the case and sometimes it won't tune at all, no matter on what channel/satellite I put it, in this case, I have to reboot the DM800 completely.

Sometimes this happens as well:

I am watching TV and then SNR falls REALLY REALLY LOW (all of a sudden) and I get freezing and boxes on screen. I wait 5 minutes and it is ok again. I do not have this problem if I connect the DM800 directly to the LNB instead through the DiseqC switch.

And this too:

I switch to an HD channel and I get sound but no picture. I change channel again to a normal channel, and back to the same channel, and the picture comes up as well.

I have contacted DMM and they gave me t he following settings, but they did not do much difference:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please test it by using the manual configuration. In the tuner configuration
    set the config. of the tuner to "extended" (at the moment should be on "simple"). Now you can choose which satellite to receive and then use for these satellites this settings
    (Diseqc-mode 1.1, Diseqc command transfer (AA), Diseqc repeats on 2 or 3, command or repeating sequence may also once activate).

Also you can increase the diseqc frequency. Once configured for the first satellite please select with the left-right buttons of the remote control the next satellite you wish to receive and make the same adjustment (just adpot the Diseqc-Port to AB etc.). Please do not use the "exit"-button on the remote before all satellites are configured correctly. Are all satellite configured, please press the OK button on the remote to save the settings.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My options are:

1. Try a different diseqc switch (some people have recommended SPAUN)
    2. Send the DM800 back to DMM
    3. Wait for an update because this is not a hardware problem, but a software problem

Any suggestions/possible fixes and recommendations are appreciated!

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Everblue ()